Learn about codeless app testing in the UserZoom platform.
✅ Plan Availability: All Plans
👥 User roles: Owner, Admins, and Researchers
For more information, see our article on how to find your plan and user role.
On this page:
About codeless app testing
- The Native App Testing - Codeless option allows users to run unmoderated mobile studies without the need to integrate the UserZoom SDK into your app.
- To learn about compatibility, refer to Device compatibility by study type.
- Test your app with only the application URL (to download the app), navigation tasks, and questions for the participant to answer.
- Basic usability tests for iOS and Android are supported. Test the following:
- Live apps from the App Store (iOS)/Play Store(Android)
- Apps not yet in App Store (In TestFlight)
- This experience allows participants to move between the UserZoom survey app and the app they are testing.
Create a study using codeless app testing
- Click Create New Study .
- Enter a required Study name.
- Choose the Participant Language from the drop-down.
- This can be changed later.
- Keep in mind, the Legal Consent page will remain in the language initially chosen. To resolve this, create a new study in the new language and copy the welcome page in that language.
- Select the Study Privacy:
- Only you (private)
- Everyone on your team (shared)
- Click Next.
- Select Unmoderated as the project's approach.
- Choose Basic Usability Test as the Study type.
- Pick Native App as the device type.
- Select Codeless as the Implementation.
- Click Create Study .
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.