Use these steps to restrict a study based on IP address.
✅ Plan Availability: Essentials, Professional, International, and Premium
👥 User roles: Owner, Admins, and Researchers
For more information, see our article on how to find your plan and user role.
- An IP address is a numerical label assigned to each device connected to a computer network.
- IP blocking allows you to block or allow participants based on their IP address.
- For example, restrict internal research studies to only your employees (IP address obtained through your IT department).
- When accessing through Invitation Link, blocked participants are not allowed to take the study.
- Blocked participants do not get to see a Site Intercept or Feedback Tab.
- IP addresses are not stored and can't be connected to a participant's responses.
To restrict a study based on the participant's IP Address, follow these steps:
- Go to the Study Builder section of your study.
- Click the Settings in the left menu.
- Go to the Security & Controls tab.
- In IP Blocking, add the IP Addresses to allow or block. IP Address formats allowed are:
- Specific IP addresses (For example, 220.127.116.11)
- IP addresses that contain a value (For example, 199.199.199)
- IP addresses starting with (For example, 199.199.199.*)
- Click Save.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.