Use these steps to add a video to a question. For compatibility information, refer to Video Question.
✅ Plan Availability: All Plans
👥 User roles: Owner, Admins, and Researchers
For more information, see our article on how to find your plan and user role.
On this page:
About adding a video to a question
- Add a video to an existing question to:
- Clarify the purpose of a question.
- Clarify the purpose of an upcoming task.
- Ask participants follow-up questions regarding what you showed them in the video.
To maintain the proportions of the video, the height can't be changed manually.
- Height changes according to the width that you set.
- Video player dimensions are responsive on mobile devices.
There are no limitations regarding the size of the embedded video.
- This depends entirely on the hosting provider (YouTube or Vimeo only).
- If you're experiencing video size limitations, contact your hosting provider.
Add a video to a question
- Go to the Study Builder tab of your study.
- Select Study in the menu on the left.
- Find and select the question you'd like to edit.
- Click Edit in this question.
- In the menu bar of the Question Text box, select Embed Media from External Sites .
- In the Embed Video window, paste the URL for the video you want to embed in the URL field. Currently, only videos hosted by YouTube or Vimeo are supported
- Optional: Change the width of the video player displayed in the question text.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.