Use these steps to add a Comments box to a question.
✅ Plan Availability: All Plans
👥 User roles: Owner, Admins, and Researchers
For more information, see our article on how to find your plan and user role.
- A Comments box allows participants to enter free form thoughts or further information about their chosen answer.
- You can add a Comments box to all question types except for:
- Tree Testing
- Screenshot Click Testing
- Screenshot Timeout
- The Label field maximum is 300 characters.
- The participant's answer maximum is 3000 characters.
- To find participant responses, refer to this article.
To add a comments box to a question, follow these steps:
- Go to the Study Builder section in your study.
- Choose the task/questionnaire.
- Hover over the question you want to edit to reveal your options.
- Click Edit .
- Scroll to the bottom of the overlay window
- Check the Include a comments box at the bottom of the question box.
- Enter the label for this field (For example, Comments).
- Click Save.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.