Use these steps to add Conditions to a question.
✅ Plan Availability: Essentials, Professional, International, and Premium
👥 User roles: Owner, Admins, and Researchers
For more information, see our article on how to find your plan and user role.
On this page:
- Conditions are used to show or not show a question depending on:
- Answers to previous questions
- Participant segments
- URLs visited during a task
- Adding conditions allows you to ask participants more questions so they can give additional information.
- Conditions are not available for Basic Usability Tests and Moderated studies.
Add conditions to a question
- Go to the Study Builder section of your study.
- Select the task/questionnaire.
- Hover over the question that you want to add conditions. Your options appear above it.
- Click Add Conditions .
- In the window that appears, select Add Condition . There are three types of conditions:
Conditions by question
- Use the drop-down menu to select the response that you want to base your condition on.
- Select one of the previous questionnaires (when applicable) and then one of the questions.
- Choose one of the operators:
- Not answered
- Use the drop-down list to find the answer.
- You can add several conditions to be applied at a time. To do this, use the AND and OR operators.
Conditions by segment
- Verify that you have created multiple Segments in your studies.
- Go to a question and click Add Conditions to pick the Segment needed to show the question.
- Click the Please select question button.
- Select Screener & Participants segment in the drop-down list.
- Click Q1 - Participants segment.
- Leave the operator answered.
- Select the Segment accordingly. As long as the drop-down field in the answered selection is set up for each Segment then it will show the desired question only for the desired Segment.
Conditions by URL
- Select the task.
- Add the URL or part of the URL combined with the correct operator.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.