Use these steps to validate participants based on answers given in Advanced UX Research Navigation Tasks.
✅ Plan Availability (included): Professional, International, and Premium
➕ Plan Availability (when purchased separately): Essentials
👥 User roles: Owner, Admins, and Researchers
For more information, see our article on how to find your plan and user role.
On this page:
About validation by question
- In Advanced UX Research studies, you can ask participants questions after a Navigation task to validate their success.
- Setting up validation has an effect on how effectiveness information is displayed within the results.
- You can change the validation criteria after launch, although there may be some limitations.
Enable validation by question
- Go to the Study Builder tab of your study.
- Select Study in the left menu.
- Choose the Navigation Task.
Add a question to the Validation Questionnaire in the Navigation Task.
- Use questions participants can answer if they successfully completed the task.
- For example, an image they saw or content that was presented.
- Under Task Settings & Validation, go to the Settings tab.
Choose the following options:
- "Success" button goes to: Route participants to the validation question after they choose Success.
- "Abandon" button goes to: Route participants to the validation question after they choose Abandon.
- Go to the Validation tab.
- In the Validation by Question section, select the question and correct answer from the Validation Questionnaire.
- Use the Add OR Condition and/or Add AND Condition buttons to combine validation with multiple questions/answers.
- Go back to the Validation Questionnaire and:
- Click Save.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.