At a Glance
The UserTesting Platform can be used in English, German, and French. Switching your experience requires adjusting your browser settings.
How to Change Your Language Settings
To experience the UserTesting Platform in English, German, or French, you will need to check your web browser settings. For instance, if your web browser language is set to German, then you will experience the Platform in German. If your web browser language is set to English, then you will experience the Platform in English.
For Chrome browsers, there are two ways to change your settings:
Locale switching plugin
- Add the Locale Switcher extension from the Chrome store.
- Click on the Extensions puzzle icon next to the URL bar.
- Open the locale extension and select German or French from the dropdown menu.
Changing the language via your browser settings
- Go to your Chrome browser settings menu.
- Search for Languages.
- Click Language > Add Language.
- Select any of the German, French, or English options, then click Add.
- Make sure your preferred language is listed first (i.e. use “Move to top” to prioritize a specific language)
Other browsers may offer different options for setting language preferences.
Some features are not available or are not fully translated into German or French:
Information Architecture - These are different test types. If a customer chooses any of these test types (Tree Test, Prioritization Matrix, SUS+), they will default to English.
Note: Card Sort is an exception; the user experience is available in English, German, and French.
- UserTesting Integrations - The Settings page is available in English, German, and French. If you click on the integrations and leave the UserTesting application, the experience will switch to English.
Testing in Other Languages
You’ll find information about the contributor experience in other languages in this Knowledge Base article.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.