Learn about the Flex plan subscription and how to edit roles and permissions.
This article applies to: UserTesting
On this page:
- Usage and history dashboard
- Session rate card
- Manage the Flex plan subscription
- Export Flex plan session data
- Flex plan testing capacity
- Add or remove team members
- Email notification preferences
- Managing the Flex plan (on-demand course)
- There are three subscription types on the Flex plan.
- For a list of features available on each subscription, visit this summary page.
- If you have questions about your subscription, contact Support or talk to your Customer Success Manager.
- If you are switching from the seat-based plan to the Flex plan, any test launched on the account before the subscription switches over will be a part of the original subscription. Therefore, the test will not consume any Session Units.
- If the test doesn't fill with any participants until after the subscription switches, the test will not consume Session Units. However, if a Creator adds a new participant or replaces a session when the new subscription goes into effect, the session will consume Session Units on the new subscription.
There are three types of licenses you can assign team members.
- This role is best for power users and full-time researchers.
- Create test plans, save tests as templates, launch tests, and edit tests.
- This "read-only" role is best for people who don't need to run tests.
- View test results, test plans, and drafts; share insights; and create clips and highlight reels.
- Cannot create, edit, or launch tests or templates.
- Accounts can have unlimited viewers.
- This role adds administrative privileges to the Creator and Viewer roles.
- Add and remove users; assign roles; create workspaces; and set feature and workspace permissions for users.
- Monitor Session Unit usage and test launch privileges.
- Accounts can have unlimited admins.
Edit roles and permissions
- Select your initials from the dashboard, then choose Settings.
- Go to the People tab.
- Select the options menu icon (...) next to a team member's name. Choose View profile.
- Set the user's role to Creator or Viewer for the following Platform access permissions:
Full-feature access for custom test creation
Quick Answers: Marketing Insight (available on Advanced and Ultimate)
Quick Answers: Product Insight (available on Advanced and Ultimate)
- Edit Workspace ownership and access level, as well as add the user to a workspace.
- On the Ultimate plan, edit Approval flow settings for each workspace.
- View the user's Activity to check last login and total tests created.
Want to learn more? Check out these Knowledge Base articles...
Interested in growing your skills? Check out our University courses...
Need hands-on training?
Can't find your answer?
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.