This article applies to: UserTesting
- What are the requirements for Zoom?
- Is downloading and/or subscribing to Zoom required to run a Live Conversation?
- How do I download Zoom?
- How do I test my audio?
- How do I share my screen?
- How do I change my display name?
- Who has hosting privileges on Zoom?
- What additional controls do hosts have?
- How do I request or give keyboard/mouse control?
- How do I download the Zoom transcript?
What are the requirements for Zoom?
View the full Zoom system requirements over in the Zoom help center.
Is downloading and/or subscribing to Zoom required to run a Live Conversation?
No. You can run your Live Conversation test using the Zoom web browser.
How do I download Zoom?
How do I test my audio?
Learn how to test your audio in the Zoom Help Center.
How do I share my screen?
Learn how to share your screen in the Zoom Help Center.
How do I change my display name?
Learn how to change your display name in the Zoom Help Center.
Who has hosting privileges on Zoom?
- Hosting privileges are only available when the moderator selects join with note-taking.
- Hosting privileges will either be assigned to the moderator or observer—whoever has joined the session first.
- The first to join will see a message letting them know that they're the host.
- The host then has the option to make other team members the host, including participants.
What additional controls do hosts have?
- If you have joined as host in the note-taking version you will have access to additional Zoom controls. Access the additional controls under Security . For a full list of in-meeting host controls, view the Zoom help center.
- As the host, you can also enable specific controls for participants. Access participant controls under Participants . For a full list of in-meeting participant controls, view the Zoom help center.
- Note: Hosts cannot hide Zoom participants. Observers who wish to join but not be seen by participants can join as hidden observers.
How do I request or give keyboard/mouse control?
Ensure that you meet these prerequisites:
- Join the meeting with a PC, Mac or iPad device.
- The person sharing their screen must be on a PC or Mac.
- You are not using the note-taking version of Live Conversation.
Learn how to give keyboard or mouse control in the Zoom Help Center.
How do I download the Zoom transcript?
To download your transcript, follow the instructions to export it to Excel.
My video/camera isn't working. How do I fix this?
Your camera connects automatically if you've granted permission to do so. Make sure to select Start Video on your toolbar.
You can find additional troubleshooting steps in the Zoom help center.
If using Windows 10 or 11, please note there is a privacy feature that may block Zoom from using the camera. Learn more about this feature and how to allow Zoom access to your webcam.
Why is my audio not working?
If you are on a Mac OS 10.14 Mojave or 10.15 Catalina and can't access the microphone, check your operating system permissions to confirm that Zoom has access to the microphone. See this “Granting macOS permissions…“ article for more information.
If you are on Windows 10 and can't access the microphone, use the Windows search box to navigate to Microphone privacy settings. Switch on the Allow apps to access your microphone toggle, and enable access for Zoom.
Why is my audio muted when I share my screen?
Learn how to troubleshoot muted audio in the Zoom Help Center.
Why can't I launch my Live Conversation on Zoom?
There are a few reasons you may be having difficulty launching a Live Conversation. Below are the two most common:
- You are not joining at the correct time. Only moderators will be able to access the Join button 15 minutes before the scheduled start time; observers cannot join 15 minutes before the session. Before this time frame, the Join button will be grayed out for both moderators and observers. Learn more about how to join your interview.
You are not the one who scheduled the Live Conversation. If you are on the seat-based plan, only the person (the moderator) who scheduled the Live Conversation can start the session.
- You will not be able to start that session if someone else on your team scheduled the session and gave you the moderator link to launch.
- If you're using an observer link to sit in on the session (not as the moderator), the session will start when the moderator has launched it.
- If you're still unable to launch the session, please contact Support via chat from your UserTesting Dashboard.
- Note: If you're on the Flex plan, anyone designated a Creator can launch a test.
Why can't I unmute/share my camera?
If you joined the Live Conversation with the Zoom desktop app, the moderator has to click the blue Ok button on the notification that the meeting is being recorded. This will allow you to unmute and share your camera. The Ok button is in the top right-hand corner of your screen.
Want to learn more? Check out these Knowledge Base articles...
Prefer a short video? Check out our University courses...
Need hands-on training?
Can't find your answer?
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.