This article applies to: UserTesting
On this page:
- What is Live Conversation?
- When should I use Live Conversation?
- Who can create a Live Conversation?
- How it works
What is a Live Conversation?
- Live Conversation interviews are a two-way video conference across all platforms, including mobile.
- With Live Conversation, you and the contributor can talk, see each other, and share screens.
- The contributor can do anything they'd do in a video conference, such as answering questions, using a prototype or website, or reacting to content displayed on their computer.
- Live Conversation supports iOS and Android devices, allowing you to test various mobile assets—prototypes, applications, and websites—and perform tests at home, in-store, or on the go.
- You can run Live Conversation tests with your target audience from either the UserTesting Contributor Network, Custom Network, or Invite Network.
- Live Conversation sessions use Zoom conferencing.
- Contributors must join a Zoom meeting on their computer or mobile device.
- The conversation is recorded, and the video is automatically sent to your UserTesting Dashboard, where you can make and share clips just like any other user test.
When should I use Live Conversation?
- Reach a wider audience, including those with hard-to-find demographics, by recruiting your own customers and employees.
- Talk with customers to better understand their behaviors and pain points.
- Discovery interviews can generate ideas for potential solutions.
Get feedback early in the development process on:
- A Live Conversation is ideal when prototypes are difficult to understand or contributors need guidance.
- Probe for a deeper understanding of why contributors make decisions.
Who can create a Live Conversation?
Live Conversation is available to customers on the Advanced and Ultimate editions of the Flex Plan and to customers on the Premium edition of the seat-based plan.
- The moderator is the person who scheduled the Live Conversation and the person allowed to start the session.
- Collaborators cannot set up nor start Live Conversation sessions.
Anyone on the account can start the Live Conversation.
- Viewers can also start a Live Conversation.
Creators need to create the Live Conversation.
- The person that created the test needs to join for the hidden observer livestream to start.
Want to learn more? Check out these Knowledge Base articles...
Interested in growing your skills? Check out our University courses...
Need hands-on training?
Can't find your answer?
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.