Use these steps to share mouse control of the Moderators screen with Chrome Remote Desktop.
✅ Plan Availability: All Plans
👥 User roles: Owner, Admins, and Researchers
For more information, see our article on how to find your plan and user role.
On this page:
About screen sharing with Chrome Remote Desktop
- Moderated sessions are web-based and built for simple, secure research, and do not use third-party conferencing solutions that enable sharing mouse control.
- While it's always best for participants to interact with experiences on their screen, these instances may require the Moderator to share their desktop for participants to use:
- A test environment is behind a firewall.
- Other security issues on the Moderator or participant network.
- In these instances, we recommend Chrome Remote Desktop to share mouse control during moderated sessions.
- Before sharing mouse control via Chrome Remote Desktop, consider these workarounds:
- Create temporary credentials to an environment and share them with your participant.
- Password protect your prototype and change the password after your session is over.
Share your screen with Chrome Remote Desktop
- In the Chrome browser, go to remotedesktop.google.com/support.
- Click the download arrow in the Share the screen box. The Chrome Web Store window opens.
- Click the Add to Chrome button.
- In the Add "Chrome Remote Desktop" pop-up, select Add extension.
- Close the Chrome Web store window.
- Click the Accept & Install button in the Ready to Install box.
- In the Open download pop-up, select Yes.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation. You are now ready to use Chrome Remote Desktop.
When you’re in a Moderated session (Interview Only type) with a participant, complete these steps within 5 minutes.
- On the moderator’s computer, go to remotedesktop.google.com/support.
- In the Share this screen box, click + Generate Code.
- Copy the code.
- Paste the code in the UserZoom Moderated Chat and send it to the participant.
- Give the participant these directions:
- Copy the code.
- Share your entire screen.
- Go to remotedesktop.google.com/support.
- In the Connect to another computer box, paste the code in the Access Code field.
- Click Connect.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.