Use these steps to enable screen sharing and recording in the latest version of the macOS.
✅ Plan Availability: All Plans
👥 User roles: Owner, Admins, and Researchers
For more information, see our article on how to find your plan and user role.
- In the latest macOS (Catalina, Big Sur) screen sharing and recording is disabled by default.
- Apple requires users to grant screen recording permission to also allow screen sharing for each app.
- If your participant is experiencing this issue, give them this link or refer them to the Apple support page for these steps.
To enable screen sharing, follow these steps:
- Click the Apple menu.
- Select System Settings.
- Click Privacy & Security.
- Select Screen Recording in the list.
- Click the slider next to the browser (Chrome, Firefox, etc) to allow it to record your screen.
- Restart your browser to save the changes.
- Rejoin the session using the same link.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.