Use these steps to specify contributors from the UserTesting Contributor Network that you want to test with again.
This article applies to: UserTesting
On this page:
About specific contributors
- The specific contributors feature allows you to recruit anyone on the UserTesting Contributor Network for a test.
- Input the usernames of specific contributors when building your audience.
- Use specific contributors when you...
How to specify contributors
To specify contributors for a test, follow the steps below, or watch this quick video:
- On the UserTesting Dashboard, click Create test, then Create a test.
- Choose what you're testing.
- Select Build audience.
- Click Select audience to open the Audience builder.
- Under Contributor network options, select Specific contributors.
- Add the usernames of the contributors you want.
💡Tip: Find contributor usernames on the Sessions tab of a previous test.
- Fill out the optional Other requirements field.
💡Tip: Use this space to explain study details, why you are reaching out to the contributor again, or any requirements the contributor should complete before taking the test.
- Click Done.
- Combine specific contributors with new contributors you recruit from the UserTesting Contributor Network if you want a mix of people who are seeing the design for the first time and people who have seen your design before.
- To ensure your test fills quickly, add a few contributors from the UserTesting Contributor Network in case your specific contributors aren't available.
- If you have a group of specific contributors you want to test with regularly, consider creating a Favorite contributors network.
Want to learn more? Check out these Knowledge Base articles...
Interested in growing your skills? Check out our University courses...
Need hands-on training?
Can't find your answer?
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.