Use these steps to create media clips in the EnjoyHQ platform.
This article applies to: EnjoyHQ
On this page:
- About creating video and audio clips
- Create clips
- Clip editor
- Work with clips
- Video and audio clips FAQ
About creating video and audio clips
- You can extract clips of any video or audio file manually uploaded into your EnjoyHQ workspace.
- Once created, a clip is attached to the corresponding highlight and can be searched for, embedded in a story, or shared with anybody in your team.
- Note: This feature is only available for videos that have been uploaded manually.
To create a clip, follow these steps:
- Select the desired highlighted text in the video's transcript.
- Choose Create a clip.
- Alternatively, attach a clip to an existing highlight.
- The clip is now playable in the document.
- The clip editor allows you to adjust the start time and duration of your clip, as well as attach an optional clip title and description.
- Create clips that are not tied to the transcript's content.
- For example, it is possible to edit the transcript, add your own note like, "This is where search fails," and create a clip for a completely silent part of the video.
To use the clip editor, follow these steps:
- Adjust the start and end time controls to edit the duration 1 second at a time.
- Match the clip's start/end settings to match the highlighted content.
- Add an optional title and description to the clip.
- Currently, the editor will approximate the start and end time of the clip.
- The editor does not read any timing information from the transcript.
Work with clips
- Since clips are attached to highlights, you can tag them, leave comments, and embed them in your stories or project summaries like regular highlights.
- Quickly find highlights with clips attached using the search shortcut.
- Combine the filter with any other search criteria such as tags, highlight content, and more.
Video and audio clips FAQ
Can I export clip files?
Not at the moment, but we're planning to add that feature in the future.
Can I share a clip?
Yes, clips are attached to highlights and are shared with them.
Can I combine several clips into one video?
Not at the moment, but we'd love to hear from you about this feature. Please get in touch with our Support team.
Can I adjust clip time by milliseconds?
Unfortunately, due to limitations of how web browser's video playback works, we can only support seconds.
Can I customize the clip or video thumbnail?
That feature is coming soon!
Want to learn more? Check out these Knowledge Base articles...
Interested in growing your skills? Check out our University courses...
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.