Learn about linkage methods for dendrograms in Card Sort tasks.
✅ Plan Availability: Essentials, Professional, International, and Premium
👥 User roles: Owner, Admins, and Researchers
For more information, see our article on how to find your plan and user role.
On this page:
- The data collected from Open and Closed Card Sort Tasks can be represented by Dendrograms.
- Dendrograms in UserZoom Manager can be created using one of these Linkage Methods:
- Average Linkage: The distance between two clusters is computed as the average distance between objects from the first cluster and objects from the second cluster.
- Single Linkage: The distance between two clusters is computed as the distance between the two closest elements in the two clusters.
- This is an agglomerative hierarchical clustering method.
- The distance between two clusters is computed as the maximum distance between a pair of objects, one in one cluster and one in the other.
- All of the linkage methods are based on Hierarchical Clustering Standards and calculate the distance between clusters.
Switch between different linkage methods
- Go to the Results section of your study.
- Below the Card Sort Task, click Results.
- Select the Dendrogram option.
- Click Customize.
- Choose the desired Linkage Method.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.