At a Glance
Product teams leverage UserTesting to design, build and optimize product experiences by getting feedback at every stage in the product development process.
You have one goal: Ensure your product meets your customers' needs. UserTesting can help you leverage human insight to better understand and empathize with your audience and build better products that are more customer-centric.
Here are some use cases, resources, and test plan templates to get your team rolling.
Explore and Discover
Get to know your customers and uncover their needs and pain points. Or get a better understanding of where your product falls short.
- Needs and Frustrations Discovery (Template) - Identify opportunities for improvement, or understand people’s needs and pain points. Find the template in the Template Gallery in the Platform.
- Discovery Interviews (University) - Take our training course to learn best practices for conducting a discovery interview.
Compare Product Solutions
Gain a competitive edge that determines an innovative product strategy, vision, and timeline by comparing your product solutions against your competitors.
- Market expansion: competitive evaluation (Template) - Collect customer perceptions of a competitor in a new target market. Find the template in the Template Gallery in the Platform.
- Understand the Competitive Landscape (Article) - Discover how UserTesting can help you learn about your competitors.
- Feature Prioritization (Template) - Understand which features are important to people and why. Find the template in the Template Gallery in the Platform.
- Usability Testing (University) - Take our training course to learn how to conduct a usability test.
Evaluate product ideas to determine which ideas are valuable, feasible, and most relevant to your customer's needs before they hit the market.
- Evaluate a Design Idea (Article) - Learn best practices and tips on evaluating a design idea.
- Concept Validation (Template) - Get candid feedback to help validate a new concept or idea. Find the template in the Template Gallery in the Platform.
- How to Test Prototypes (University) - Take our training course to learn how to test your prototypes along with best practices.
Launch and Post-Launch
Once the product or feature has launched, run a test with customers to get insights on engagement, adoption, conversion, and feedback.
- Running a Diary Study (University) - Take our training course to learn how to plan and conduct a diary study.
- Numbers and Narratives (University) - Take our training course to Learn how to interpret your metrics.
To learn more about how product teams can utilize the UserTesting Platform, take the Jumpstart with UserTesting for Product Managers course.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article, and when you submit your survey you'll be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card. This survey should take 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential.