At a Glance
Design teams use UserTesting to create designs that resonate with customers by getting feedback at every stage of the design process.
Design and build customer-centric experiences by collecting contributor insights throughout the design process. With UserTesting, you can:
- Make sure designs are on the right track
- Understand how different kinds of audiences react to designs
- Decide between design options
- Avoid rework by getting feedback early in the design process
Here are some use cases, resources, and test plan templates to get your team rolling.
Understand Your Customers
Increase the quality of designs by better understanding your customers. Uncover their needs and pain points, identify customer personas, and evaluate the competition.
- Needs and Frustrations Discovery (Template) - Identify opportunities for improvement, or understand people's needs and pain points. Find the template in the Template Gallery in the Platform.
- Discovery Interviews (University) - Take our training course to learn best practices for conducting a discovery interview.
- Customer Journey Discovery (Template) - Understand how customers engage with your brand or products across multiple touchpoints. Find the template in the Template Gallery in the Platform.
- Customer Journey Map (University) - Take our training course to learn how to create a customer journey map with UserTesting.
Whether you have a sketch or a fully developed design, get customer feedback to validate your designs before you build them out.
- Visual Design Comparison (Template) - Compare two design options to get feedback about which resonates most with customers. Find the template in the Template Gallery in the Platform.
- Visual Design Evaluation (Template) - Gather insights about creatives, designs, videos, or other visual elements. Find the template in the Template Gallery in the Platform.
- Balanced Comparison (Article) - Learn how to compare two designs using the Balanced Comparison feature in UserTesting.
- How to Test Prototypes (University) - Take our training course to learn how to get feedback on prototypes.
- UserTesting and the Product Development Life Cycle (University) - Take our training course to learn how to gather feedback throughout the design process.
To learn more about how design teams can utilize the UserTesting Platform, take the Jumpstart with UserTesting for Designers course.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.