At a Glance
Using Live Conversation and Invite Network together allows you to get real-time feedback from anyone you want, including your own employees or customers who are not on the UserTesting Contributor Network.
Live Conversation is available on the following subscriptions:
|Flex plan||Seat-based plan|
|Ultimate ✓||Premium ✓|
If you want to talk to contributors real-time, use the Live Conversation feature regardless of how you source those contributors. However, there are some considerations when inviting your own contributors with the Invite Network feature. Learn more about Invite Network tests in these Knowledgebase articles and in this training course.
Let’s look at some considerations for each stage of the process.
Setting up and launching a Live Conversation test with Invite Network:
- You have the same customization options as any Invite Network test.
- You will define if you want individuals to join the session from their computer or from a mobile device.
- Decide if you want to compensate contributors, how much, and what the payment method will be. State this in the body of your invitation.
- Schedule your availability and launch the test (you’ll be prompted to send the test link to the individuals you want to participate in your interviews).
- The people you invite get your email and can follow the link to your test.
- When they follow the link, instead of starting the test, they see a page where they select a time, based on the availability you provided.
- Because UserTesting doesn’t know how to contact them, they also have to enter their email address, so that they can get the initial confirmation email and reminders (24 hours before and the day of). Visit our article for more information on the contributor's experience.
Experience during and after a session:
- The contributors you invited will follow the link from their calendar invitation or any of the reminders they received to join the Zoom meeting.
- They do not have to download a UserTesting recorder because Live Conversation uses Zoom. They will need to be able to join a Zoom meeting on their computer or mobile device (whatever device you specified when you set up your test).
- You run the session.
- The recording is uploaded to your Platform (the same as any other Live Conversation session).
Note: To ensure contributors are who they say they are, ask them to describe their most recent related experience at the beginning of the test. The contributor can do this via written response, but verbal responses are better because contributors can speak more freely.
To see additional information and some best practices, review the Running Effective Live Conversation Interviews course, which includes sections on inviting your own contributors.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article, and when you submit your survey you'll be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card. This survey should take 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential.