At a Glance
Marketing teams use UserTesting to collect feedback and glean insights for various initiatives. Get on-demand customer feedback on marketing campaigns, branding, copy, and more.
How can UserTesting Help Marketing Teams?
As a Marketer, you can collect feedback on virtually anything across your marketing strategy. Below are some examples, and be sure to explore the Template Gallery for inspiration.
Attitudes and Behaviors
Get a better understanding of how your customers feel about your company and products.
- Brand Perception - Understand how a branded experience impacts the target audience's overall impression.
- Buyer Behavior - Understand how customers make their buying decisions.
- Survey Validation - Get feedback on survey questions before releasing them to respondents to validate clarity, structure, and expected responses.
Check out this article on URL tasks to point contributors to a survey to collect feedback.
Before launching, get feedback on your email campaigns, advertisements, and social media.
- Subject Line Validation - Choose a target audience to get feedback on multiple subject lines and see which one resonates with the audience.
- Email Copy & Design - Gather reactions to email design, content, and calls to action assess how your customers would react to your email copy.
- Pre/Post A/B Testing - Get feedback on two marketing designs to see which one customers prefer. Or get feedback on variations to understand customers' pain points and areas of improvement.
Check out this course on how to get feedback on marketing emails.
Understand how customers engage with your brand or products across multiple touchpoints.
- Customer Mapping - Uncover potential areas of improvement for your customer's experience across channels.
- Omni/Cross-Channel - Get feedback on the in-store and online customer experience.
- Shop Alongs - Give contributors a shopping task and watch as they shop to understand the shopping experience better.
Check out this course on Omnichannel.
Messaging & Creative
Before launching a new ad or merchandise, get feedback from customers to see if it resonates with prospects.
- Ad Creative Validation - Before launching a new ad, get feedback from your target audience to know if you're getting the response to determine if the answers meet the goal of the ad.
- Imagery & Merchandising - Have customers view two merchandise package options and see which one they prefer.
Check out this article on testing video assets.
Online & eCommerce
Get feedback to optimize the online shopping experience and better understand the customer expectations.
- Mobile App Validation - Uncovering gaps in the experience that will help improve conversion rates.
- Pricing Evaluation - Evaluate how your target market would react to a change in product price, promotions, and offers with the Pricing Evaluation template.
Check out this article on how to test mobile apps.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.