At a Glance
Invite Network allows you to reach out to unique audiences you may already know that would otherwise be difficult to recruit for testing. The seamless recorder allows Invite Network contributors to click on a link and immediately start taking a test -- no downloadable recorder required.
Invite Network is available on the following subscriptions:
|Flex plan||Seat-based plan|
|Advanced ✓||Professional ✓|
|Ultimate ✓||Premium ✓|
Click on the following header titles to skip to that section of the article:
Invite Network utilizes our seamless desktop recorder and enables contributors to launch into an unmoderated test directly from a link—making it easier to tap into insights from employees, existing customers, industry experts, and people within unique demographics.
Create and launch a test with anyone at any time. Contributors can start giving feedback with a click of a button; this means you can reach more customers, prospects, or partners to capture insights and ultimately improve your customer experience.
Watch the demo below to see how contributors enable permissions for the seamless recorder.
Key Use Cases
With our seamless recorder and Invite Network, you can:
- Capture feedback from your B2B customers: Since our recorder doesn't require a download of any external software, targeting B2B personas within corporate firewalls is possible.
- Intercept users for feedback in real-time: Create an Invite Network test to generate a test link. Add this link to any in-product messaging tools, live chat software, or anywhere you can embed a link. Contributors will only need to click on the link to start giving feedback—without ever leaving their browser.
- Generate team member engagement with internal testing: Quickly solicit feedback from employees and other internal audiences. The seamless recorder makes it possible to get team member feedback regardless of internal security measures.
How It Works
With our seamless desktop recorder, your test contributors only need a test link to get started. By clicking the link, the contributor will automatically begin sharing their perspective without downloading any software or extensions. This creates a seamless experience for the contributor and gets you faster feedback. See the GIF below to see how quickly a person can start a test.
The beginning of a test from the contributor's point of view.
The recorder is only available for unmoderated tests and is compatible with the four most commonly used web browsers: Chrome, Firefox, Safari (current version only), and Microsoft Edge. For instructions on creating an Invite Network test, please visit the Invite Network Overview article.
Invite Network videos utilize a tab structure allowing contributors one tab for the tasks and another tab for the testing asset. Testing prompts will never block testing assets. See the GIF below to watch this tab structure in action.
Video output from an Invite Network seamless recorder
Who Is This For?
Invite Network is for anyone who wants to invite members of their network to take a test on the UserTesting platform.
You directly manage test contributor recruitment, compensation, and communication so that tests can be launched anytime, with anyone.
If you prefer to have UserTesting recruit and manage the test, you can still do so through our Professional Services group.
Note: Live Conversation sessions use Zoom, so Live Conversation Invite Network contributors will not be utilizing our seamless recorder. Instead, they will need to be able to join a Zoom meeting on their computer or mobile device.
Features Not Yet Supported
- Analytics and visualizations - You will not receive any analytics and visualizations. This means no Interactive Path Flows, no test metrics, no heat maps, and no session analytics. You will get a video, the transcript, and sentiment analysis.
- Mobile test - This recorder is only for desktop tests.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University course.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article, and when you submit your survey you'll be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card. This survey should take 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential.