At a Glance
Keyword map allows you to quickly evaluate verbal tasks through an interactive visualization of individuals' most frequently used adjectives.
- Similar adjectives are grouped together into keyword groups and then organized based on overall sentiment (such as positive, negative, or neutral) to identify important themes among participant responses.
- Watch an automatic participant highlight reel for each keyword group, or watch individual clips, allowing you to dive into the moments that matter directly from the keyword map.
- Keyword map is only available for verbal tasks on all devices (web, mobile app, and prototype).
- At this time, non-adjectives are not captured as part of the keyword map.
Keyword map is available on Ultimate and Premium Edition subscriptions. Advanced Edition subscriptions also have access to a light version of keyword map, which includes only the top three keyword groups.
How Keyword Map Works
If keyword map is enabled on your subscription, you can find it on the Metrics tab specifically for verbal tasks. Selecting the Keyword Map tab shows the top adjectives that have been organized into keyword groups on a horizontal axis and color-coded based on the overall sentiment of the adjective--positive, negative, or neutral. The top keyword groups are based on how often participants say the adjectives that are grouped together, and sentiment is based on the context of how each word is used.
The adjectives on the keyword map are visually represented by the following:
- Color: The color of the bubbles represents the sentiment (red = negative, green = positive, gray = mixed or neutral). The darker the color, the more frequently that keyword was used in either a positive or negative context.
- Size: The size of each bubble is based on how many adjectives make up the keyword group.
- Placement: Where bubbles appear on the horizontal axis is based on their sentiment score. Keywords used most frequently in a positive context move to the right of the axis, while keywords used most frequently in a negative context move to the left.
Clicking on a keyword bubble reveals a keyword popover with details about the underlying adjectives, as well as which usernames used those adjectives or related words and the sentiment associated with each use.
Click Watch All in the popover to watch an automatic highlight reel that features all of the clips by individuals who used adjectives from that keyword group in their response.
If you turn on the All keywords toggle on the right, you will see all available keyword groups. If there are less than 10 keyword groups, only that many will be shown; if there are more than 10, only the 10 most frequently used will be shown. Turn off All Keywords to only see the top three most used keyword groups. If you are on an Advanced Edition subscription, you have access to a limited version of keyword map and will only see the top three keyword groups.
Each verbal task also has an Individual Responses tab that allows you to watch and listen to responses from each individual.
The feedback form allows you to provide feedback on the keyword groups that were surfaced in the keyword map visualization. This will be used to improve our machine learning models, and how we surface insights throughout our platform. Click the Provide feedback on these results above the keyword map axis to access the feedback form.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.