At a Glance
Keyword Map allows you to quickly evaluate tasks through an interactive visualization of the adjectives that contributors used most frequently in their verbal responses when doing the tasks.
Keyword map is available on the following subscriptions:
|Flex plan||Seat-based plan|
|Ultimate ✓||Premium ✓|
- Similar adjectives are grouped together into keyword groups and then organized based on overall sentiment (such as positive, negative, or neutral) to identify important themes among contributor responses.
- Watch individual clips or an automatic contributor highlight reel for each keyword group—either approach allows you to dive into the moments that matter directly from the keyword map.
- Keyword map is available only for verbal tasks on all devices (web, mobile app, and prototype).
- At this time, non-adjectives are not captured as part of the keyword map.
Keyword Map is available on the Ultimate and Premium Edition subscriptions. Advanced Edition subscriptions also have access to a light version of keyword map, which includes only the top three keyword groups.
Note: This feature is currently available only in English. German and French customers can still test with English-speaking contributors. While the words in the keyword map will be in English, the rest of the results page will be in German or French.
How Keyword Map works
If Keyword Map is enabled on your subscription, you can find it on the Metrics tab specifically for verbal tasks.
1. Select the Keyword Map tab to view the top adjectives that have been organized into keyword groups, illustrated as circles above a horizontal axis. These circles are color-coded based on the overall sentiment—positive, negative, or neutral—of the adjective. The top keyword groups are based on how often contributors said the adjectives, while sentiment is based on the context of how each word is used.
The adjectives on the keyword map are visually represented by the following:
- Color: The color of the keyword circles represents the sentiment (red = negative, green = positive, gray = mixed or neutral).
- Size: The size of each circle is based on how many times contributors used the word (plus any similar words).
- Placement: Where a keyword circle appears on the horizontal axis is based on its sentiment score. Keywords used most frequently in a positive context move to the right of the axis, while keywords used most frequently in a negative context move to the left.
2. Hover over a keyword circle to view the pop-up, which includes the sentiment associated with each use of the word.
3. Click on a keyword circle to view the video clip transcripts and the juncture within the clips where the keyword appears. The usernames of those who mentioned the keyword are visible to the left.
4. Click on the All sentiments menu to filter by sentiment or view all sentiments at once in the keyword map table.
5. Click on the highlighted sentiment to confirm whether the sentiment associated with the word is correct or not.
If you note that the keyword has the incorrect sentiment, the pop-up will ask whether you want to hide the keyword. If you hide a keyword, you can still view it by clicking Show all keywords in the keyword map table.
6. Add adjectives you think should be in the keyword map by typing the word in the search bar and clicking Add.
The word will appear as a new circle in the keyword map. You can also undo these changes by clicking Undo all changes next to the search bar.
7. Each verbal task also has an Individual Responses tab that allows you to watch and listen to responses from each individual.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article, and when you submit your survey, you'll be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card. This survey should take five minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential.