Short tests make it easy to get focused feedback from up to 100 participants. Create a targeted test plan with 3–5 questions, then filter to get the exact audience you want. You get back 5 minute video sessions of participants taking your test.
Short tests are recommended for:
- Preference and A/B testing
- First reaction testing
- Generating Click maps and Interactive Path Flows
- First click testing
- Light ethnography
Create a Short Test from a Template
You can create a short test with a UserTesting templates.
- Compare two things—Balanced Comparison See which option participants prefer by first showing them one option, then the other.
- Task Success Find out if participants can complete a task successfully. Designed for large participant groups, this template asks participants to perform a task rather than speak their thoughts aloud.
- Initial Impression Find out what people think when they first see something.
- Preference Give participants two links and find out which they prefer.
- Direct Comparison Ask participants to compare two options side by side.
Select the template you want to use, then customize it to fit your needs.
Create Your Own Short Test
In the test plan, click the Short Test switch.
Add 3–5 tasks or questions to your test plan.
Note: Participants only get 5 minutes to take short tests. To be sure they finish your test in time, don’t add too many tasks and questions.