This article provides an overview of the flex plan, as well as guidance on how Account Admins can manage their subscriptions and licenses. Your account is on the flex plan if you use Session Units.
For information about managing Session Units used by team members and in workspaces, read our article on Usage and History Dashboard.
To understand how Session Units work, read our article on Session Rate Card.
To set notifications on account activity, read our article on Email Notification Preferences.
For a deeper understanding of the flex plan, visit our course on Managing Admin Controls on the UserTesting Flex Plan.
The Subscription Types
There are three subscriptions types on the flex plan. Each type comes with access to different features on the UserTesting platform. For a list of features available on each subscription, visit this summary page.
- Essentials: Allows you to get started collecting customer feedback from test creation, standard reporting, and access to the UserTesting Contributor Network (formerly the UserTesting Panel).
- Advanced: Gives you access to all the features included in Essentials, with more test creation options, research capabilities, and enhanced reporting. Also, you can connect with contributors in real-time with live video conversations.
- Ultimate: Gives you access to all the features included in Advanced, along with the platform’s targeting, test creation, research, reporting, and sharing capabilities that enable you to scale insights across your organization.
If you have questions about your subscription, contact Support or talk to your Customer Success Manager.
There are three types of licenses on the flex plan.
- Creator: This role has full test creation capabilities such as creating test plans and saving them as templates. Creators can launch tests, and they manage everything they create. This role is designed for everyone who wants feedback—from customers, product managers, and marketers, to power users and full-time researchers.
- Viewer: This read-only role is for people who need to view test results and share insights from them but who don’t need to create tests. Viewers can view test plans and drafts and create clips and highlight reels, but they cannot create or edit tests or templates, nor can they launch tests or Quick Answers. To learn more about the Viewer role, check out our course.
- Account Admin: This role adds administrative privileges to the Creator and Viewer roles; it is not a standalone role. The Account Admin role includes access to an online dashboard where admins can add and remove users to the account, assign roles, create workspaces, and set feature and workspace permissions for users. Other permissions include monitoring Session Unit usage and test launch privileges, such as upgrading the edition. Only Account Admins can remove users.
Accounts can have unlimited Account Admins and Viewers.
How to Edit Licenses/Roles
1. Sign in to your UserTesting dashboard. From the account menu, select Settings.
2. Go to the People tab.
3. Select the Options menu (...) icon next to a team member’s name and choose View Profile.
4. Select the appropriate role level and click Save to save your changes.
5. You can also set Workspace Permissions. To learn more about managing workspaces, read our article.
6. If you are on the Ultimate subscription plan, you will see the option to edit Approval flow settings. For more information about the different settings, read our article on Approval Flow.
7. Lastly, you can view the Activity of the user, such as Last login or Total tests created.
Setting Specific Permissions
Account Admins can set each user’s role to Creator or Viewer for the following platform access permissions:
- Full-feature access for custom test creation
- Quick Answers for Marketing (available on Advanced and Ultimate)
- Quick Answers for Product (available on Advanced and Ultimate)
To maximize your subscription, we recommend setting users’ roles to Creators on all three permissions to gain access to the full set of features for custom test creation and Quick Answers. If you have questions, please contact your Customer Success Manager.
Adding or Removing Team Members
If you need help adding or removing team members from your account, read our article for a step-by-step guide.
Has your account's main point of contact changed or do you need assistance adding or replacing an Administrator? If so, contact your Customer Success Manager and let them know what changes you'd like.