The Access Controls Beta provides greater control over the permissions and ability to use, save, assign, and delete templates–ensuring your team has the right resources to efficiently gain human insights.
Future iterations of access controls will include expanded feature controls.
- UserTesting Admins and Workspace Owners can control which Insight Core templates are available in various workspaces.
- Saving templates to workspaces maintains the relevancy and privacy of templates while supporting the autonomy of individual contributors.
How It Works
Saving Templates to a Single Workspace
Any team member is able to save audiences, test plans, and screener questions as templates to their current workspace.
Note: The template is only available in the current workspace the member saved it to, and it cannot become available in any other workspace.
Any workspace member with a light, standard, or unlimited seat can edit or delete the template using the Template Library.
Making Templates Available for Any Workspace
UserTesting Admins are able to save audiences, test plans, and screener questions to any workspace. To do this, simply save a new template, and select the “Make this an account-level template” option.
By selecting this option, the template is saved as an account-level template and also to the admin’s current workspace. Account-level templates can then be assigned to additional workspaces.
Note: Templates must be saved as account-level by the UserTesting Admin before Workspace Owners are able to assign them to their workspaces. In order for saved audiences and saved screener questions to be available for use in Product Insight and Marketing Insight, they must be saved as account-level.
Assigning Account-Level Templates to Workspaces
Both UserTesting Admins and Workspace Owners have permission to assign account-level audiences, test plans, and screener questions to one or more workspaces. Assigning a template to a workspace means the template is available for use by all members of that workspace.
Note: The Workspace Owner can only assign templates to workspaces that they are the owner of.
To assign an account-level template to workspaces:
- UserTesting Admins or Workspace Owners navigate to the Template Library.
- Choose either the Audiences, Test Plans, or Screener Questions tab to find the template you want to assign.
- Choose Assign from the Options menu.
- Select one or more workspaces to assign the template and give workspace members access to it.
- You can also remove template access from currently assigned workspaces by deselecting those workspaces under the Assigned Workspaces tab.
- Click Update Workspaces to save your changes.
Features in Development—subject to change:
- The UserTesting Admin will be able to define who has access to Live Conversation and “create from scratch” capabilities for individual account members.
- Introduction of a new role, responsible for template and feature management.
Reach out to email@example.com with your thoughts about access controls.