At a Glance
Template access control ensures your team has the right resources to efficiently gain human insights by providing access to use, save, assign, and delete templates. This includes templates for Saved Audiences, Screener Questions, and Test Plans.
Template access control is available on the following subscriptions:
|Flex plan||Seat-based plan|
|Ultimate ✓||Premium ✓|
Click on the following header titles to skip to that section of the article:
- Key Features
- Saving Templates for Personal Use
- Saving Templates to Workspaces
- Making Templates Available to all Team Members on the Account
- Template access control is available for Ultimate and Premium plans. To find out which plan you are on, contact your Customer Success Manager or our Success Team (email@example.com)
- Any team member with a light, standard, unlimited or creator seat can save audiences, test plans, and screener questions as personal, workspace, or account.
- UserTesting Admins, Workspace Owners, and template owners can control which Insight templates are available in various workspaces.
- Saving templates to workspaces maintains the relevancy and privacy of templates while supporting the autonomy of individual contributors.
Saving Templates for Personal Use
Any team member with a light, standard, unlimited, or creator seat can save audiences, test plans, and screener questions as personal.
By saving as Personal, only the team member who created the template:
- Will see it in both the list of available templates and in the Template Library.
- Can edit or delete the template using the Template Library.
Saving Templates to Workspaces
Any team member with a light, standard, unlimited, or creator seat is able to save audiences, test plans, and screener questions as templates to their current workspace, or to any workspace they belong to with "all permissions." For more information about workspace permissions, see our Workspaces article.
Assigning a template to a workspace means:
- The template is available for use by all members of that workspace.
- UserTesting Admins and the team member who created the template can edit or delete the template through the Template Library.
- UserTesting Admins, Workspace Owners, and the team member who created the template can assign a template to additional workspaces.
To assign a template to additional workspaces:
1. The template Creator, UserTesting Admins, or Workspace Owners navigate to the Template Library by clicking Manage Templates:
2. Choose either the Audiences, Test Plans, or Screener Questions tab to find the template you want to assign.
3. Choose the audience, test plan, or screener question template you want to use, and click Assign to Workspaces from the drop-down Options menu.
4. Select one or more workspaces to assign the template and give workspace members access to it.
5. You can also remove template access from currently assigned workspaces by deselecting those workspaces under the Already Assigned tab.
6. Click Update Workspaces to save your changes.
Note: The Workspace Owner can assign templates only to workspaces of which they are the owner, and the template's creator can assign templates only to workspaces of which they are a member and for which they have "all permissions."
Making templates available to all account members
Any team member with a Light, Standard, Unlimited, or Creator seat is able to save audiences, test plans, and screener questions to make these assets available to all Creators-users, across all workspaces.
To do this, for say when you're building a new test plan, click Save as a Template...
then select the Account option from the dialog box that appears.
Once a template is saved as "Account," both the team member who created the template, as well as UserTesting Admins, can edit and delete it.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.