The Access Controls Beta provides greater control over the permissions and ability to use, save, assign, and delete templates–ensuring your team has the right resources to efficiently gain human insights.
- UserTesting Admins, Workspace Owners, and template owners can control which Insight Core templates are available in various workspaces.
- Saving templates to workspaces maintains the relevancy and privacy of templates while supporting the autonomy of individual contributors.
How It Works
Saving Templates to a Single Workspace
Any team member is able to save audiences, test plans, and screener questions as templates to their current workspace.
Note: The template is only available in the current workspace the member saved it to, and it cannot become available in any other workspace.
Any workspace member with a light, standard, or unlimited seat can edit or delete the template using the Template Library.
Saving Templates to Additional Workspaces
Any team member with a light, standard, or unlimited seat is able to save audiences, test plans, and screener questions as templates to their current workspace.
Assigning a template to a workspace means the template is available for use by all members of that workspace.
In addition to the template’s creator, both UserTesting Admins and Workspace Owners with a light, standard, or unlimited seat can edit or delete the template using the Template Library.
To assign a template to additional workspaces:
- The template creator, UserTesting Admins, or Workspace Owners navigate to the Template Library.
- Choose either the Audiences, Test Plans, or Screener Questions tab to find the template you want to assign.
- Choose Assign from the Options menu.
- Select one or more workspaces to assign the template and give workspace members access to it.
- You can also remove template access from currently assigned workspaces by deselecting those workspaces under the Change Assignments tab.
- Click Update Workspaces to save your changes.
Note: The Workspace Owner can only assign templates to workspaces that they are the owner of, and the template's creator can only assign templates to workspaces that they are a member of.
Making Templates Public
UserTesting Admins are able to save audiences, test plans, and screener questions so that they are available to all creator-users, across all workspaces. To do this, simply save a new template, and select the “Make this an account-level template” option.
Features in Development—subject to change:
Ability to save personal templates that only you, the template creator, can see and use.
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts about access controls.