UserTesting is integrated with Jira, Atlassian’s issue and project tracking software. Now your team can view and interact with UserTesting clips using Jira Cloud—all without leaving Jira.
How it works
The UserTesting - On-Demand Human Insights app lets you view and engage with UserTesting human insights directly in the Jira Cloud interface. Here's how it works:
- Copy the share link from your UserTesting clip.
- Add the share link to a Jira issue.
- View and engage with the clip within Jira Cloud.
- Know that the clips are synced and up-to-date with the latest details and edits.
- Use human insights to make customer-centric decisions.
See how easy it is to add a clip:
Get UserTesting - On-Demand Human Insights
Customers using Jira Cloud can get the UserTesting - On-Demand Human Insights app from the Atlassian marketplace. Set up is simple.
- Go to Atlassian Marketplace>UserTesting - On-Demand Human Insights.
- Select “Get it now.”
- Select a site to install the app.
- Click “Install app.”
Note: You must be an admin to install the app. If not, share the app link with someone who can install the app for you.
For more information, see Atlassian: Managing apps.
Attaching clips in Jira Cloud
After you get the app, use the UserTesting button on any Jira issue’s menu to attach a video clip.
- Click the UserTesting button to bring up the attachment field.
Note: If you don’t see the UserTesting button in the menu bar after installing the app, you may be in classic view. The button is only visible when you have the new Jira issue view turned on.
For more information and how to turn on the new issue view, see Can I turn the new Jira issue view on or off?
- Copy the link to the clip from the UserTesting site, and paste it in.
Note: In order for the clip to be viewable within Jira, both the UserTesting account and the workspace must be set to public.
For more information about workspace settings, see Workspaces and Video Security and Why can't I share my UserTesting videos with non-team members?
3. Click “Attach clip.”
4. You can watch video within the Jira ticket or expand it to full screen.
Using the Share button within JIra, you can get a link to share the clip, download it, or share via Slack.
To attach multiple clips, simply paste in another link from UserTesting.
Clips update automatically. If anyone edits a clip on usertesting.com, the update appears automatically on the Jira issue.
For more information, see Effectively using Notes & Clips.
How to Use the Jira Integration (UserTesting University)