Quick Answers provide video feedback of customers answering questions written for you by UserTesting. They are all designed to answer common marketing challenges. You can read more about Quick Answers in Marketing Insight: Getting Started.
COVID-19: Messaging impressions is designed to give you insights on how your target audience perceives your response to the COVID-19 crisis.
After running this Quick Answer test, the Summary tab shows how many test participants found your messaging clear or unclear, and provides two automatically generated highlight reels - split based on their responses - of them discussing their answers and explaining why they answered the way they did.
If you want to dig into the findings, there are several options. The results table below the highlight reels provides additional feedback from participants about how they feel about your messaging. The Metrics and Session tabs provide the full recordings broken out by question or participant respectively.
When to use COVID-19: Messaging impressions
Use COVID-19: Messaging impressions to get fast feedback on your messaging during the COVID-19 crisis.
- What does the message convey?
- Do people understand it?
- Do people feel compelled to “act”?
- Is it brand appropriate?
How to Set up COVID-19: Messaging impressions
1. Quick Answer Inputs
Depending on which dashboard you have, click Get Quick Answers.
Or click the New dropdown menu and select Create a test from a template.
From the template gallery, select the Quick Answers filter.
Then, find and click COVID-19: Messaging impressions.
Enter a link to a publicly accessible page or document that features your brand’s recent COVID-19 messaging. If you are not pointing towards a live webpage, the link should point to a single document, hosted online, accessible and readable by a typical browser. You can use a Word or Google document, a Google Slides or PowerPoint presentation, a PDF, an image, or anything similar - but remember to update any necessary permissions to make it publicly accessible
Then name your test so it’s easy to recognize from other tests on your dashboard. Marketing Insight displays your entire account’s tests on your dashboard. This makes it easy to share tests with other stakeholders. When you’re done, click Next
2. Select Participants
The UserTesting panel is a diverse and global on-demand group of people who take tests. The panel is made up of real people, carefully selected after a thorough application process, who are continually rated by our customers, assuring the highest quality results. To find participants you’ll be able to select device type, set demographic filters, and create custom screener questions. These are detailed in Using Screener Questions to find your ideal participants.
3. Launching a Test
- To see a list of all the questions the test asks participants, click the link under Tasks. To see what your test looks like to participants, click Preview Test to the right of the Test Plan Summary, then click Preview Test. When you finish the preview, click the Close button. ⓘ Note If you realize you need to add or remove a participant, or you find something you need to change in your inputs, do either of the following:
- Click Participants to add or remove test participants (requires additional purchases of the Participant Pack).
- Click Edit in the upper right. When you are done editing the test, click Save and Go to Order Page.
Click Launch Test to send the test to the UserTesting Panel.
4. Reviewing Results
As participants finish, the software uploads the recorded video to our system and notifies you by email. To configure notifications, see Email notification preferences.
Open the email and click the account dashboard link in the order summary to go to the dashboard.
For each test, the dashboard displays the type of test—using the same icon from each Quick Answer button—the test name, the day you created it, and how many participants have and have not taken the test.
After all participants finish, a summary appears on your main dashboard.
Click a test title on the dashboard to go to the Summary tab on the Results page.
The Summary tab is a great place to start for Quick Answers. It summarizes the findings from the test: Do more participants find your message positive or negative? The answer is split into two automatically generated highlight reels (Watch key moments) to help you summarize and organize the findings based on the participants preferences.
Whether a participant finds your message unclear or clear comes from Question 8. We ask participants, “How clear was the purpose of the content reviewed? Explain your rating.” 1=Unclear…5 = Clear. A score of 1, 2, or 3 means they found the messaging unclear. A score of 4 or 5 means they found the messaging clear.
The automatic highlight reels show participants describing their opinions about “what action is this content asking you to take”. We get this information from Question 9 below. We ask participants: “In your opinion, what action is this content asking you to take? and we record their comments as they explain their answers.
The results table below the highlight reels provides a quick and easy way to scan through the results in greater detail. We’ve summarized the key findings in the following sub-tabs:
- How it makes them feel
- What resonates
- Meaning of content
- Motivation to act
- Brand resonance
- What to improve
Most sub-tabs have brief written responses (provided by participants) to help you identify interesting responses more quickly. Once you’ve found feedback you’d like to dig into further, you can watch the video response from that participant by clicking on the written responses. This will take you to that specific moment in the video to hear what else they had to say about that particular experience. Alternatively you can watch their entire response by clicking on Watch Session below their screen name.
The results table on the Summary tab is where you are likely to find the most useful feedback and insights because it lets you focus on the most important questions and zero in on specific answers from individual participant’s without having to watch their complete sessions.
Click the Sessions tab to watch each participant’s complete video as they answer all the questions in order. Sessions are available as each participant finishes. There is a text field on the right for you to add a summary of the video. The Summary field is also useful for adding timecodes for moments of interest, such as a participant expressing delight with an experience, or complaining about a difficult interface.
Click the Metrics tab to watch participants’ videos broken down for every single question so you can easily skim the results. It’s essentially an expanded view of the results table on the Summary Tab.
Click the Details tab to see the demographics breakdown and an overview of the test plan’s tasks and questions.
How you get Quick Answers
After you click Launch Test, we send the test to participants in the UserTesting Panel who match the demographics you chose. These participants then answer any screener questions you added in order to qualify to take the test.
If you’d like to see what answering screener questions looks like from the participants’ view, watch this video.
Once they qualify, we ask participants to record themselves while answering questions and providing feedback about the creative, image or visual you provided.
Here’s what we ask participants:
- You have been taken to a new page. When you see the page, move on to the next step.
- [Verbal Response] Please review the content being presented. Take as much time as you need. Move to the next task when you are finished.
- [Written Response] What 3 words would you use to best describe how this content makes you feel? Explain why you used those words.
- [Verbal Response] What, if anything, draws your attention or resonates with you? Explain your answer.
- [Written Response] Summarize your previous answer in one sentence. What draws your attention or resonates with you?
- [Verbal Response] In your own words, describe the main point that is being conveyed.
- [Written Response] Please summarize what you just talked about in 1-2 sentences.
- [Rating Scale] How clear was the purpose of the content reviewed? Explain your rating. [5-point Rating Scale: Unclear to Clear]
- [Verbal Response] In your opinion, what action is this content asking you to take?
- [Rating Scale] I am motivated to take action based on the content I reviewed. Explain your rating. [5-point Rating Scale: Disagree to Agree]
- [Rating Scale] This content is brand appropriate. Explain your rating. [5-point Rating Scale: Disagree to Agree]
- [Verbal Response] What, if anything, would you change or improve about this content?
- [Written Response] Please summarize what you just talked about in 1-2 sentences.
As participants finish, the software uploads the recorded video to our system and notifies you by email that the videos are ready to watch. Watch each participant’s entire video on the Session tab or wait for the fifth video session to be uploaded, at which point the highlight reels and results table are available.