Quick Answers allow you to collect recorded video feedback of customers or prospects as they complete tasks and answer questions independently and remotely. The tasks and questions are written for you by UserTesting. You can read about the other Quick Answers in Using Quick Answers.
When to use Test creatives
Test Creatives is one of the available Quick Answers. With it, you can determine whether images, creatives, videos or other visual material resonates with your intended audience.
Use Test creatives to get fast feedback on images, videos, and other visuals used for your marketing campaigns:
- See whether your visuals help drive an inherently negative or positive reaction from customers
- Make sure the tone and message in your videos communicate what you intended, and avoid unintended interpretations
- Understand whether your logo and/or brand assets are recognizable
- Test competitive images or visuals to better understand how customers perceive your competitors
How to Set up Test creatives
Quick Answer Inputs
1. Depending on which dashboard you have, click Get Quick Answers.
Or click the New dropdown menu, then select Create a test from a template.
From the template gallery, click the Quick Answers filter.
Then, find and click Test creatives.
2. Provide a link to a publicly accessible page or document that shows or describes the content. The link needs to point to a single document, hosted online. The link can be to a Microsoft or Google doc, a Slides or PowerPoint presentation, a PDF, image, text, or anything similar.
Important: Make sure the link to the document is set to View, so participants can’t make any changes. For help with sharing your document, see Limit how a file is shared.
Then name your test so it’s easy to recognize from other tests on the dashboard.
At this point, you'll need to determine who should take your test.
- Participants from the UserTesting Panel
- Using My Recruit
3. Click Next.
- To see a list of all the questions the test asks participants, click the link under Tasks and Questions. To see what your test looks like to participants, click the Options Menu (three dots) to the right of the Test Plan Summary, then click Preview Test. When you finish the preview, click the Close button.
- To add or remove participants, click Participants.
- If you need to edit the URL or you entered text that included a typo, click Edit Details in the upper right. When you are done editing the test, click Save and Go to Order Page.
Click Launch Test to send the test to the UserTesting Panel.
How you get Quick Answers
After you click Launch Test, we send the test to participants who match the demographics you chose. These participants then answer any screener questions you added in order to qualify to take the test.
Here’s what we ask participants based on the inputs you provided when you created the test:
- Take as much time as you need to review the content presented. What, if anything, draws your attention or stands out to you? Explain your answer. [Written Response]
- State 1 word to describe how this makes you **feel**. Please explain your answer. [Verbal Response]
- How would you rate your emotional reaction to this content? Please explain. [5-point Rating Scale: Negative to Positive]
- In your own words, describe what is on the page. What is it trying to convey? [Verbal Response]
- Summarize your previous answer in one sentence. What is the content trying to convey? [Written Response]
- I find the page to be attractive. Explain your answer. [5-point Rating Scale: Strongly disagree to Strongly agree]
- The content has a clean and simple presentation. Explain your answer. [5-point Rating Scale: Strongly disagree to Strongly agree]
- If you had a magic wand, how would you improve this? [Verbal Response]
As participants finish, the software uploads the recorded video to our system and notifies you by email that the videos are ready to watch.
Understanding the Results
For each test, the dashboard displays the type of test—using the same icon from each Quick Answer button—the test name, the day you created it, and how many participants have and have not taken the test.
After all the participants finish, a summary appears on your main dashboard.
Click a test title on the dashboard to go to the Summary tab on the Results page.
The Results tab is a great place to start for Quick Answers. It summarizes the findings from the test: Do more participants find the visual positive or negative? The answer is split into three automatically generated highlight reels (Watch participants) to help you summarize and organize the findings based on the participants' preferences.
Whether a participant finds the visual positive or negative comes from Question 3. We ask participants, “How would you rate your emotional reaction to this content” 1=Negative; 5 = Positive.
- A score of 1 or 2 means they found the visual negative.
- A score of 3 is neutral.
- A score of 4 or 5 means they found the visual positive.
The automatic highlight reels show participants describing what they think the visual is trying to convey”. We get this information from Question 4. We ask participants: “In your own words, describe what's on the page. What is it trying to convey?” and we record their comments as they explain their answers.
The results table below the highlight reels provides a quick and easy way to scan through the results in greater detail. We’ve summarized the key findings in the following sub-tabs:
- What draws attention
- Initial Feeling
- Description of Content
- Attractiveness of Content
- Appearance of Content
- Areas to Improve
Most sub-tabs have brief written responses (provided by participants) to help you identify interesting responses more quickly. Once you’ve found feedback you’d like to dig into further, you can watch the video response from that participant by clicking on the written responses. This will take you to that specific moment in the video to hear what else they had to say about that particular experience.
The results table on the Results tab is where you are likely to find the most useful feedback and insights because it lets you focus on the most important questions and zero in on specific answers from individual participants without having to watch their complete sessions.
You will also see tabs for:
- Sessions: a list of the session videos for all participants
- Metrics: a list of answers and links to videos for each task and question
- Details: demographic overview, tasks, and questions from the test
See this article for more details about the Results of Quick Answers tests.