UserTesting Customers: This guide is intended to be shared with your with your My Recruit test participants.
You either have received—or will soon receive—a URL inviting you to participate in a mobile test for a company interested in getting your feedback. This feedback helps companies better understand what people are looking for and what they are experiencing on a website, app or other digital product.
This insight, in turn, helps the company continue to provide the best products, services, and experiences to customers like you.
What to Know Before You Begin...
- You’ll be provided with a URL to start your test. You’ll need to open this URL in your mobile browser.
- You need either an iPhone with iOS 12 or higher, or an Android phone with Android version 5.0 or newer.
- Since we need to record audio, please make sure your phone’s microphone isn’t muted
- To keep things simple, close out of any other apps running in the background, and turn on Do-not-disturb (DND) to silence any incoming calls.
- Since we’re recording your screen, please hide or remove any personal information or anything you don’t want to be recorded.
- Since we’ll need to upload your recording, please make sure you’re connected to strong internet, preferably good wifi.
How it works
Step 1: Submit your email address
Open the testing link on your mobile device and you'll be prompted to enter your email address. This is used to associate you with the test. After you enter your email, you’ll have 30 minutes to install the recorder and start the session. (If you’re unable to complete these steps within 30 minutes, your session expires, and you’ll have to start over, re-entering the same URL and your email address.)
Please note that your email is only used for identification purposes in this study. It will not be used for promotional reasons or added to a marketing database (neither for UserTesting nor the company who shared the study link).
Step 2: Install the recorder
After entering your email, we’ll redirect you to the App or Play store to download our app. After the app installs, open it to move onto the next step.
Step 3: Start the session and share your thoughts
When you open our app, we’ll ask you to re-enter your email again to start your test. Next, we'll check our audio and guide you through recording your screen.
Read the instructions carefully and complete all tasks to the best of your ability.
When you've finished giving your feedback, you can upload your test.