At a Glance
You can cancel a Live Conversation session, or reschedule it, via the Actions menu to the right of each scheduled session. The rescheduling method varies based on if your contributors are coming from the UserTesting Contributor Network or from your own network.
Can I Cancel a Live Conversation?
Yes, you can cancel a scheduled session. Whenever possible, we ask that you provide contributors with a 24-hour notice before canceling the scheduled session. You'll see the option to cancel an upcoming session on your dashboard.
Please note that canceling a session and rescheduling a new one does not automatically result in the same test contributor.
How Do I Reschedule a Live Conversation?
You can reschedule a session by selecting Reschedule from the dropdown. We will remove the session from your calendar and you will get an email confirming that the session at the originally scheduled time has been canceled.
Note: If your availability has changed, adjust this before selecting the option to reschedule.
Rescheduling with a member of the UserTesting Contributor Network
- You can choose to reschedule with the same contributor or another member of the UserTesting Contributor Network.
- If you choose to reschedule with the same contributor, we will notify them that you need to reschedule and provide them with your new availability. There is no guarantee they will be available at any of the other times you have available.
- If it is not critical to reschedule with the same contributor, choose to reschedule with another member of the UserTesting Contributor Network. In that case, we will email the original contributor and let them know that session is canceled. We will then re-share your availability with members of the network who match your criteria. Once the new appointment is scheduled, standard invitations and notifications will go out to you and the contributors.
Rescheduling with a member of your own network (Invite Network)
If your session was scheduled with a member of your Invite Network, we will email the scheduled contributor to inform them that you are no longer available at the previously scheduled interview time. We will offer them the ability to find another time slot from your list of available times by directing them back to the platform to select a new appointment time.
If the contributor does not respond, you might need to reach out to additional individuals to fill the time slot.
Rescheduling due to technical problems
If technical issues prevent the contributor from joining the session, you will notice that the session status changes to No-show (or Complete in some circumstances). At that point, you are not able to reschedule with the same contributor for that test.
However, there are steps you can follow to schedule another Live Conversation with the same contributor.
- Go to your test and select Create a similar test from the Options dropdown menu.
- For the Audience of this new test, select Specific contributors and enter the username of the contributor you want to include. Note: for your own network, select the Create a link option and then you will send your new link to the contributor.
- Complete the scheduling details and launch your test.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.