This article provides instructors on how you can manage your team and your licenses. If these instructions don't match what you see, check out:
If you need help, contact Support.
ⓘ Note: Your subscription may not include all the products and features you see in this article. To learn about all the products and features we offer, visit https://www.usertesting.com/platform.
If you need help learning seat management basics, see Manage access and licenses. To add a person, do the following:
- Go to your dashboard.
- Choose Navigation > Settings.
- Click the People tab.
- Click "Invite new users."
- Enter the email address of the person you wish to add, then click Next. If you wish to invite more than one person, press Enter after entering each email address. You can also paste multiple email addresses from a CSV file or spreadsheet.
- Click Assign for each person to grant access and assign the license type.
- Click to turn on Insight Core, Product Insight, and Marketing Insight.
ⓘ Note: As you select applications and license types, the dialog updates dynamically to show how many available seats remain.
- Select the license type you wish to assign. Anyone can invite a collaborator. Only admins can assign unlimited, standard, and light licenses. For information on the types of licenses, see About the licensed users in new UserTesting plans.
- If your subscription plan includes Workspaces, assign a starting workspace. The starting workspace is the workspace where the team member lands when first joining the platform.
- For new members with standard or unlimited licenses, select an initial approval flow setting. The default setting is “Doesn’t need review,” which allows members to launch tests freely without being part of the review process. Other settings are: “Needs review” for team members whose tests need to be approved before they can launch them and “Reviewer” for team members who review and approve others’ tests.
If you assign “Needs review” to anyone, be sure to include at least one person as a “Reviewer” to enable those who need a review to proceed in their work. You can change the approval flow settings after the member joins. Read more about Approval Flow.
- If you want to make the person an admin, select Admin
- Click OK.
- If you need to make changes before sending the invitations, do any of the following:
- To add another person, click “① Enter emails” at the top of the page.
- To change a person’s profile, click Edit.
- To remove someone if there’s more than one person, click Remove.
- To remove everyone or if there’s only one person, click Cancel.
- Click Send Invitation.
💡 Tip: After you send an invitation and while the status is Pending, you have two options to change someone’s profile:
- Click the Options menu (...), choose “Remove from account,” and send a new invitation with the updated settings. If you granted too much access, this is the better option.
- Wait till the person accepts the invitation, then edit the person’s profile. If you granted too little access, this is the better option.