At a Glance
This article provides an overview of the seat-based model and guidance on how Admins can manage their subscriptions and licenses. Your account is on the seat-based plan if your user types are Unlimited, Standard, Light, and Collaborator.
If your account is on the seat-based UserTesting subscription model (sometimes called Insight Core), you'll need to assign all the members on your account to a user seat. Until each team member is assigned a license, they'll be unable to create or launch tests.
For information about monitoring how often your team uses UserTesting, please read our article on Usage Reporting for the Seat-Based Plan.
The Subscription Plans
There are three subscription types on the seat-based plan. Each subscription comes with access to different features on the UserTesting Platform. For an overview of the features of the Insight Core Startup, Professional, and Premium plans, visit this summary page.
- Startup: Allows you to collect customer feedback from test creation, standard reporting, and access to the UserTesting Contributor Network.
- Professional: Gives you access to all the features included in Startup, with more test creation options, research capabilities, and enhanced reporting.
- Premium: Gives you access to all the features included in Professional, along with the Platform's targeting, test creation, research, reporting, and sharing capabilities that enable you to scale insights across your organization. Also, you can connect with contributors in real-time with live video conversations.
If you have questions about your plan, contact Support or talk to your Customer Success Manager.
There are five types of licenses on the seat-based plan. Note that licenses have to be purchased on the subscription to be assigned to team members. Not all subscriptions have every subscription-seat license.
- Unlimited: Users on the account who have the broadest ability to run an unlimited number of tests via the Platform.
- Standard: Users on the account who can run a specific number of tests via the Platform.
- Light: These users are similar to Standard seat and can run a limited number of tests via the Platform.
- Collaborator: These users cannot run tests in the Platform but can review drafts and the results of tests that other users have run. To learn more about the Collaborator role, read this article.
- Admin: This role can add and remove users from the account and also assign and change seats. It can also be assigned to anyone in the organization.
How to Edit Licenses and Permissions
1. Sign in to your UserTesting dashboard. From the account menu, select Settings.
2. Go to the People tab.
3. Select the Options menu (...) icon next to each licensed user's name and choose View Profile.
4. If available, choose the appropriate permission level and click Save to save your changes.
5. You can also set Workspace Permissions if available. For more information, read our article on Workspaces.
6. If you are on the Premium subscription plan, you will see the option to edit Approval flow settings. For more information, read our article on Approval Flow.
7. Lastly, you can view the Activity of the user, such as Last login or Total tests created.
Adding or Removing Team Members
Read our article for a step-by-step guide if you need help adding or removing team members from your account.
Has your account's main point of contact changed or do you need assistance adding or replacing an Administrator? If so, contact your Customer Success Manager and let them know what changes you'd like.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University course.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article, and when you submit your survey, you'll be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card. This survey should take five minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential.