This article provides an overview of the seat-based model, as well as guidance on how Admins can manage their subscriptions and licenses. Your account is on the seat-based model if your user types are Unlimited, Standard, Light, and Collaborator. Learn more about the different plan types by reading this article.
If your account is on this UserTesting subscription model, you’ll need to assign all the members on your account to a user seat. Until each team member is assigned a license, they’ll be unable to create or launch tests.
For information about how to monitor how often your team is using UserTesting, read our article on Usage Reports.
The Subscription Plans
There are three subscription plan types on the seat-based account: Insight Core, Marketing Insight, and Product Insight.
- Insight Core: This plan is for teams that need to gather and analyze human insight for every interaction with your product, with features for you to create custom tests. For an overview of the features on the Insight Core Startup, Professional, and Premium plans, visit this summary page.
- Marketing Insight: This plan provides pre-designed tests to collect feedback on messaging, creatives, brand, and other marketing assets. Visit this summary page for a list of features available on the Startup, Professional, and Premium plans, or read our article on Marketing Insight: Getting Started.
- Product Insight: This plan provides pre-designed tests to collect feedback throughout the development process. Visit this summary page for a list of features available on the Startup, Professional, and Premium plans, or read our article on Product Insight: Getting Started.
If you have questions about your plan, contact Support or talk to your Customer Success Manager.
There are five types of licenses on the seat-based account.
- Unlimited: Users on the account who have the broadest ability to run an unlimited number of tests via the platform.
- Standard: Users on the account who have the ability to run a specific number of tests via the platform.
- Light: These users are similar to Standard seat and have the ability to run a limited number of tests via the platform.
- Collaborator: These users cannot run tests in the platform, but can review drafts and the results of tests that other users have run. To learn more about the Collaborator role, read this article.
- Admin: This role can add and remove users from the account and also assign and change seats. It can also be assigned to anyone in the organization.
How to Edit Licenses/Roles
1. Sign in to your UserTesting dashboard. From the account menu, select Settings.
2. Go to the People tab.
3. Select the Options menu (...) icon next to each licensed user’s name and choose View Profile.
4. Choose the appropriate permission level and click Save to save your changes.
5. You can also set Workspace Permissions.
6. If you are on the Insight Core Premium subscription plan, you will see the option to edit Approval flow settings. For more information, read our article on Approval Flow.
7. Lastly, you can view the Activity of the user, such as Last login or Total tests created.
Adding or Removing Team Members
If you need help adding or removing team members from your account, read our article for a step-by-step guide.
Has your account's main point of contact changed or do you need assistance adding or replacing an Administrator? If so, contact your Customer Success Manager and let them know what changes you'd like.