As test participants complete their tests, the completed sessions are added to your dashboard. From the Metrics tab, you can view charts of the responses or export the metrics into an Excel document.
💡 Tip: Export or view the metrics to scan for responses and decide where to spend time watching the clips.
The Metrics tab displays test participants' responses and activities broken down by test question or task.
Because your video clips are displayed using charts, you can quickly scan to identify patterns or outliers. Identify the areas that look the most interesting, and spend your time viewing these video clips first.
When you identify an area you want to further investigate, you can hover over and the video clips will show, labeled by the tester. Click on the tester name and the video player will open, allowing you to watch the video clip associated with that piece of feedback.
You can also export the metrics into an Excel spreadsheet to access all of the participants' responses in one place.
- Open the study whose metrics you want to export.
- Choose Export to Excel from the Options menu.
- Click Download File to save the file to your /Downloads folder.
ⓘ Note: We email you a copy of the file.
The spreadsheet contains:
- Responses from each participant
- Demographics for each participant
- Test questions and tasks
- Notes you add to the "Summarize this session" field
- System info for each participant
- Links to each participant's full session
Enroll in UserTesting University to learn more about using metrics!