At a Glance
Share your test results with your team members and stakeholders by exporting them to Excel.
Excel Export is available on the following subscriptions:
|Flex plan||Seat-based plan|
|Essentials ✓||Startup ✓|
|Advanced ✓||Professional ✓|
|Ultimate ✓||Premium ✓|
Exporting your completed test to Excel allows you to:
- Quickly search for keywords across multiple test contributor responses
- Easily copy results for reporting and presentations to stakeholders
- Share the file with others on your team so that they can scan for interesting points
How It Works
Step 1: Export to Excel
From your dashboard, select the test that you’d like to export. You can export from three different places via your dashboard:
Video Player View:
Once your export is ready you’ll have the option to download the file. The file will also be emailed to you for your reference.
Step 2: Review your results via Excel
Your file, presented in Simplified Formatting, will include details about the test you exported, including Transcripts, contributor demographics, written responses, multi-select responses, Clips and Notes marked as "Important" and tagged with Sentiment. These easily scannable results make searching for specific keywords and sharing your findings even easier.
Please note that some of the field names have changed in the downloaded file available through Export to Excel. You will have to update these fields in any script you have created for analyzing data outside of the UserTesting Platform. The following has been updated as of Feb 3, 2022:
- number_of_participants is now titled Number of contributors
- system_info is now titled Contributor system Info
- tester_demographics is now titled Contributor demographics
Can I combine multiple tests in one Excel Workbook?
Yes! In order to combine multiple studies into one Excel workbook, follow these steps:
1. From your dashboard, click the checkbox next to each study you'd like to export. Open the ellipsis menu, and select Export to Excel.
2. Choose All selections to one Excel workbook and select Export. When your file is available to download, you'll see clearly labeled tabs for the session details, metrics, notes, and clips from your selected studies.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.