At a Glance
With UserTesting, there is flexibility as to what you can test and how you can collect feedback. This article reviews some of your options. This is Part 3 of a series of articles.
What kinds of tests can you run with UserTesting? Below are just some of the test options available:
- Unmoderated test
- Moderated interview (or Live Conversation)
- Website or mobile test
- Wireframe or prototype
- Unreleased or live app
View these resources for more information on other testing capabilities and approaches.
Let’s walk through how to choose your test option.
1. On the UserTesting dashboard, select the Create test drop-down and choose Create a test from the available options. Select Schedule a live conversation if you wish to run a moderated test.
2. Select what you plan to test: a prototype, website, or an app.
3. Decide how you would like to reach your audience. Here are your options:
- Build audience: This option allows you to recruit your audience from the UserTesting Contributor Network, or create your own Custom Network of UserTesting contributors.
- Create link: You can also create a link to share with anyone outside of the UserTesting Platform; this option is also known as Invite Network.
Not sure which network to choose? Read our Knowledgebase article to help you decide.
4. If you select the Build audience path, you’ll navigate to a page where you can choose how to recruit your audience and build your test plan. Read our article for more information on setting up your unmoderated test.
If you select the Create link path, you’ll arrive on a page where you can customize your test invite link and build your test plan. Read our article for more information on setting up your Invite Network test.
If you choose the Live Conversation path, you will arrive on a similar page but with the option to sync your calendar and choose your interview availability. Read our article for more information on setting up a Live Conversation interview.
Advance to our next article, “Select Your Audience (Screener Questions)” for steps on recruiting contributors for your test.
Need more information? Read this related article:
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article, and when you submit your survey you'll be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card. This survey should take 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential.