You can control who can see videos, clips, and highlight reels using workspaces and account-level sharing settings.
Most accounts prefer to be able to share some videos with non-account members. For example, one might share clips or highlight reels with management without requiring managers to have a UserTesting account.
Sometimes accounts require that anyone viewing a video, clip, or highlight reel is a member of their UserTesting account and be logged in before seeing the video.
Depending on how account and workspace privacy is set, the requirements for viewing videos are different. Note that viewership is based on the link setting of the individual video, clip, or highlight reel.
By default, accounts have "anyone on this account" as the Share Default setting and Restrict All Share Links is turned off.
Video-Level Share Settings
When sharing assets, the first option that appears in the “Viewable by” menu item is the account’s Share Default Setting.
When team members share a video, clip, or highlight reel, they can change the privacy of the link. This setting only applies to the specific URL of the asset that is being shared.
- Anyone on this account: This setting allows videos, clips, and highlight reels to be viewed by any member of your account. Members must be logged in to view shared assets.
- Anyone with the link: This setting allows videos, clips, and highlight reels to be viewed by anyone who has the link, no log-in required.
- Anyone in this private workspace: This setting is only available for private workspaces. Only members of the private workspace may view videos, clips, and highlight reels in the private workspace.
- Links are persistent and retain the share setting chosen by any member.
- Notes and clips for shared videos can be viewed by account members and edited by workspace members.
- If you want to share but you are unsure who is on your account or need to invite someone to join the account, use share by email.
- When sharing by Slack, you can use typical Slack message formatting, such as @ to tag a user and * for bold.
Account-Level Share Settings
The Account Admin can set account-level share settings on the General tab on the Settings page.
Note These settings are only visible to the Account Admin.
At the bottom of the page under Security & Sharing Preferences, the Account Admin can apply a Share Default Setting across all open workspaces on the account.
The available settings are:
- Anyone on this account: This setting allows sharing of videos, clips, and highlight reels with any member of your account. Members must be logged in to view shared assets. This is the default setting on most accounts.
- Anyone with the link: This setting allows sharing of videos, clips, and highlight reels with anyone who has the link, no log-in required.
- The setting does not affect private workspaces, which maintains a default of Anyone in this private workspace.
For accounts that want more control over sharing, the Restrict All Share Links option overrides the Share Default Setting and applies to all existing links, even those that have been shared previously. As with the Share Default Setting, only the Account Admin can change this setting.
With Restrict All Share Links off, the Share Default Settings remain unchanged. The default setting for most accounts is “off.”
When the Restrict All Share Links setting is turned on, the only available share option for open workspaces will be “anyone on this account.”
- All links to videos, clips, and highlight reels will require viewers to be a UserTesting account member and to log in to view assets. This includes previously shared links.
- Private workspace members will still have the option to share with members of the private workspace or “anyone on this account.”
Note Once turned on, this update cannot be undone. Even if the setting is later changed from “on” back to “off,” existing links remain restricted and continue to require login until their link settings are changed to "anyone with the link."