****As of early 2020, the Tableau Web Data Connector integration is no longer being sold in customer subscriptions. For existing customers who are entitled to this integration, it will be available and supported through the end of the contract.****
Tableau is a leading data visualization software. You can connect directly to Tableau from within UserZoom for advanced reporting capabilities. The integration gives you the flexibility to extract your study data and view it in Tableau, so you can:
- modify chart colors or formatting
- combine results from multiple projects into one report
- include UX data in internal Tableau BI reports
This way UX research data becomes more accessible cross-functionally, creating new opportunity for collaboration with your organization’s business analysts to measure the impact that better UX has on the bottom line.
How does the integration work?
The Tableau Web Data Connector is a simple copy and paste of a URL to extract UserZoom study data into Tableau. You no longer need to export your data from UserZoom into Excel and re-configure it for use in Tableau.
What data gets extracted from UserZoom to Tableau?
For now, the data available in Tableau Web Data Connector is the following:
- Project data (Tasks and Questions list)
- Participants info (only completes)
- Navigation tasks effectiveness data
- Classic Question* responses
* i.e. all questions except Tree Testing, Screenshot Click Testing, Screenshot Timeout and Video questions
What are the steps to use the Web Data Connector?
- Within the desired UserZoom study go to Results > Exports & Options > Tableau Connector.
- Open Tableau and select the Web Data Connector from the list of possible connections.
- Paste the Web Data Connector URL provided by UserZoom in the Web Data Connector Browser that appears.
- Select how you would like to sign into your UserZoom account.
- Confirm access to the data to begin the extract.
- The data is now available within the Data Source Page in Tableau where you will see a list of three Standard Connections, as well as UserZoom study data split into the below 5 tables:
- Participant data
- Question data
- Question result data
- Task data
- Task result data
Do I need a certain version of Tableau?
We developed a Tableau WDC version 2.2.0 which is compatible with Tableau 10.2 or above. If you have an older version, please update to a newer one in order to benefit from UserZoom’s integration with Tableau.
For more information regarding Tableau WDC versions and compatibility with versions of Tableau, please refer to this page.
How do I bypass Firewall issues?
In order for the Tableau WDC to work correctly, your IT Department might need to whitelist the below domains:
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.