- Try a different WiFi network, or if on a cell phone switch off WiFi and use your cell phone's 4G connection.
- Make sure you running the latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge chrome://settings/help
- Unplug any external monitors, and unnecessary external peripherals, and restart your browser.
- Make sure your computer has a working speaker and microphone. For the best experience, we highly recommend wearing a headset with a built-in microphone.
- Make sure ALL desktop participants can pass our system check.
- If a participant fails the system check, please refer to our firewall requirements.
- If it’s a mobile study, make sure the participant on the mobile device is connected to a fast WiFi connection as the first preference, or if not on at least a 4G cell connection with full signal bars. We recommend the participant remain in one location for the duration of the study to avoid potential dropouts.
- Make sure devices (mobile or laptops) are plugged into power or have plenty of battery remaining. Force quit out of all other running apps to free up memory if necessary.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.