Running a Desktop test
For unmoderated tests, UserZoom GO uses a Chrome extension, which automatically downloads and installs at the beginning of a test.
You can use any supported computer (see below) running Google’s Chrome or Microsoft's Edge browser.
- Mac OS X 10.9 and above.
- Windows 7 and above. There are known issues with a small number of Windows 7 computers with particular video cards causing the screen to go black.
- Chrome OS (Chromebook).
Browser and best practices
- The latest version of Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge
- System checker: https://go.userzoom.com/scheduling/systemcheck
- Check network speed with https://speedtest.net or https://fast.com. We recommend 30mbps download and 12 mbps upload speeds at minimum (higher is always better)
- Remember, you may be sharing your screen, audio and video all at the same time, so strong wifi or a hardwired Ethernet connection are recommended. We don't recommend cellular service or public wifi due to speed limitations and quality fluctuations
- Close any open apps or programs that will not be needed during the session.
Running a Mobile Study
We have a dedicated iPhone and Android app which the participant will use when testing on a mobile device. For a moderated test, the moderator will want to connect via desktop Google Chrome or MS Edge, only the participant uses either of these mobile apps.
When you send a UserZoom GO test URL to your test participants, they’ll be prompted first to install the app from the Apple App Store for iOS, or Google Play Store for Android.
- iOS 13+
- Android 9+
- Check network speed with https://speedtest.net or https://fast.com. We recommend 30mbps download and 12 Mbps upload speeds at minimum (higher is always better)
- We recommend a strong wifi connection as opposed to cellular.
- Staying near the router is good practice so the signal doesn't have to traverse floors and walls, which can weaken the signal and affect the session
- Close out any apps that are unnecessary for the test. This will help to allocate the device's finite resources/ram to the session itself
- A restart of the phone can resolve many little things and make the session go more smoothly, so if possible, restart the device prior to starting the session.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.