At a Glance
Screener questions identify contributors for your tests. Over time, your team learns which questions work well for finding the best contributors. The saved screener questions feature allows you to save and reuse these questions.
Saved screener questions is available on the following subscriptions:
|Flex plan||Seat-based plan|
|Advanced ✓||Professional ✓|
|Ultimate ✓||Premium ✓|
Click on the following header titles to skip to that section of the article:
- Create Saved Screener Questions
- Use Saved Screener Questions
- Edit Saved Screener Questions
- Delete Saved Screener Questions
When creating tests, you often have a particular type of contributor in mind. Targeting specific audiences provides the kind of feedback you need to make the right decisions as you develop products, campaigns, and other digital experiences.
Create Saved Screener Questions
You can use saved screener questions when you create a new test, edit a test, or manage them in your Template Library.
- Start by creating a new test.
- When specifying the audience for your test, select the Create from scratch link. When you arrive at the audience builder page, choose the Screener Question tile to begin writing a new question.
- When you finish creating the screener question, select Save As and give your screener question a descriptive name.
Specific names make questions easier to find in a list or when using the search function. If you don't name your screener question, the Platform automatically uses the first 40 characters of the question to create the name.
If you have a Premium or Ultimate subscription, you have three options for setting the access of the question— Personal, Workspaces, and Account—depending on whether you want to have exclusive access to the question or share it with others. View our "Template Access Control" article for more information.
Note: Saved screener questions will be available in the Template Library for your team to use.
Use Saved Screener Questions
To use saved screener questions, start by creating a new test, then do the following:
- In the Audience builder, select the Saved Screener Questions link.
Click and drag questions to the Screeners section. If you don’t see the question you want, look for it in the search field.
After adding the screener question, you can use it as is or make changes.
- Click Duplicate if you want to modify a screener question to create another similar question.
- Click Save as to save any changes as a new saved screener question.
Edit Saved Screener Questions
You can edit saved screener questions from the Template Library or by going back to a previously launched test. To make changes, do the following:
Edit from the Template Library
1. Choose Manage templates from the navigation menu on the dashboard.
2. Click the Screener questions tab.
3. Choose a screener question you wish to edit, then select Edit Template from the Options (...) menu.
4. Make your changes to the question and answers, and click Done to save. This changes the screener question for future tests you launch, but it won’t affect past tests or any drafts.
Edit from an Existing Test
Here's what to do if you have launched a test and you want to save the screener question to your library.
- Go to the test dashboard.
- Open the test that contains the screener question you want to reuse.
Select the Edit screener link on the Sessions tab.
Click Save as to save the screener question to your Template Library.
You can also do any of the following in the Edit Your Screener section of your test:
- Click Duplicate to make a copy of the screener question. Modify as needed.
Click Delete in the edit pane to remove the screener question from the test. In this instance, Delete only removes the screener question from the test, not from your account. (However, deleting screener questions from the list of saved screeners outside of the edit pane will delete the saved version.)
Delete Saved Screener Questions from Your Account
To delete saved screener questions, you can do any of the following:
Delete from the Template Library
- Choose Manage templates from the navigation menu on the dashboard.
- Click the Screener questions tab.
Choose Delete from the Options (...) menu.
Note: Deleted questions are removed from your team’s account entirely. Be sure no one on your team needs the question before you delete it.
To delete several screener questions at once, check the boxes to select the screener questions you wish to delete, and then click Delete.
Note: Deleted questions are removed from your team’s account entirely. This does not affect completed tests.
Delete a Saved Screener While Creating a New Test
In addition to deleting saved screeners from the Template Library, you can also delete screener questions when creating a new test.
- Click Saved screener questions in the Screener questions section of your test of your audience builder. A list of screener questions appears.
- Search or scroll through the list to find the question that you'd like to delete.
- Once you've found the question that you'd like to delete for your entire team, select Delete saved question.
- At this point, you get one last chance to confirm that you want to permanently delete the question from your entire team's account. Click Delete to remove the question from the account.
ⓘ Note: Deleting questions entirely from your team’s account does not affect completed tests.
You can't undo this action, but if the screener question is in a previously launched test, you can go back to that test and make a new copy. See the "Edit from an Existing Test" section of this article.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.