At a Glance
Having problems playing videos from the UserTesting Platform? This article covers some troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve such issues.
A video playback issue could be traced to a variety of causes. Typically the culprit for playback failure or sluggishness is either a network issue on the customer’s side or the customer’s IT department has a VPN (virtual private network) or firewall in place, blocking the service.
Therefore, we recommend that you do some diagnostics on your end, perhaps working with your IT team to see whether you’re able to resolve the issue. Video playback bugs are rare, and we advise following these troubleshooting steps before choosing to cancel or replace a video:
- Try playing the video in other browsers and in an incognito/private browser window. Does the video play in either?
- Try playing the video on a different network, such as your company’s guest network or a non-work network. If you’re on Wi-Fi, try connecting to a wired connection.
- Try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.
- Are your colleagues encountering the same issue? If they are NOT, this indicates an issue with your personal computer or browser settings.
- If possible, check to see whether the video plays on a different computer.
- Does your company use a firewall or VPN? If it does, try disabling them to see if that allows you to play the video.
- If there is a VPN/firewall in place, ask your IT department to add the IP addresses found in this Knowledgebase article to a whitelist/allow list.
- Are you able to play other videos from a different test? Videos from different tests having playback problems strongly indicate that something on your end is preventing the videos from playing and requires further troubleshooting with your IT team.
If you need help with the steps listed above, or if the self-serve diagnostics don’t resolve the issue, feel free to contact UserTesting Support for assistance.
Need more information? Read these related articles:
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article and should take no more than 5 minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential unless you request a follow-up.