At a Glance
Screener questions identify specific contributors for your tests. Over time, your team learns which questions work well for finding the best contributors. The Saved Screener Questions feature allows you to save and reuse these questions.
Create Saved Screener Questions
When creating tests, you often have a particular type of contributor in mind. Targeting specific audiences provides the kind of feedback you need to make the right decisions as you develop products, campaigns, and other digital experiences.
You can use saved screener questions when you create a new test, edit a test, or manage them in your Template Library.
- Start by creating a new test as usual.
- When specifying the audience for your test, click the Create from scratch link and, after being taken to the Audience Builder page, click the Screener Question tile (located below the Filters section) to begin writing a new question.
- When you finish creating the screener question, select Save As and give your screener question a descriptive name.
Specific names make questions easier to find in a list or when using the Search function. If you don’t name your screener question, the Platform automatically uses the first 40 characters of the question to create the name.
This screener question will be available in the Template Library for your team to use.
If you have a Premium or Ultimate subscription, you have three options (see image above) for setting the access of the question— Personal, Workspaces, and Account—depending on whether you want to have exclusive access to the question or share it with others. View our "Template Access Control" article for more information.
Use Saved Screener Questions
To use saved screener questions, start by creating a new test (per usual), then do the following:
- Click Saved Screener Questions.
- Drag questions to the Screener Questions pane. If you don’t see the question you want, you can search for it in the Search field.
After adding it, you can use the screener question as is or make changes.
- Click Duplicate if you want to modify a screener question to create another, similar question.
- Click Save as to save any changes as a new saved screener question.
Edit Saved Screener Questions
You can edit saved screener questions from the Template Library or by going back to a previously launched test. To make changes, do the following:
Edit from the Template Library
- Choose Template Library from the Account menu.
- Click the Screener Questions tab.
- Choose Edit Template from the Options menu.
- Make your changes to the question and answers, and click Done to save. This changes the screener question for future tests you launch, but it won’t affect past tests or any drafts.
Edit from an Existing Test
Here's what to do if you have launched a test and you want to save the screener question to your library.
- Go to the test dashboard.
- Open the test that contains the screener question you want to reuse.
- Find the screener question and click Edit Screener on the top right.
- Click Save as to save the screener question to your Template Library.
You can also do any of the following in the edit screener pane of your test:
- Click Duplicate to make a copy of the screener question. Modify as needed.
- Click Delete in the edit pane to remove the screener question from the test. In this instance, Delete only removes the screener question from the test, not from your account. (However, deleting screener questions from the list of saved screeners outside of the edit pane will delete the saved version.)
Delete Saved Screener Questions from Your Account
To delete saved screener questions, you can do any of the following:
Delete from the Template Library
- Choose Template Library from the Account menu.
- Click the Saved questions tab.
- Choose Delete from the Options menu.
ⓘ Note: Deleted questions are removed from your team’s account entirely. Be sure no one on your team needs the question before you delete it.
To delete several screener questions at once, check the boxes to select the screener questions you wish to delete, and then click Delete.
ⓘ Note: Deleted questions are removed from your team’s account entirely. This does not affect completed tests.
Delete a Saved Screener While Creating a New Test
In addition to doing so from the Template Library, you can also delete screener questions when creating a new test.
- Click Saved Screener Questions in the Screener section of your test. A list of screener questions appears.
- Search or scroll through the list to find the question that you’d like to delete.
- In this example, we want to delete the "Budget Airlines" question. Once you've found the question that you'd like to delete for your entire team, select Delete Saved Question.
- At this point, you get one last chance to confirm that you want to permanently delete the question from your entire team's account. Click Delete to remove the question from the account.
ⓘ Note: Deleting questions entirely from your team’s account does not affect completed tests.
You can’t undo this action, but if the screener question is in a previously launched test, you can go back to that test and make a new copy. See the Edit from an Existing Test section of this article above.
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.