You can easily get feedback on your mobile prototypes with UserTesting. Simply extract the sharing URL from your prototyping tool, and include as the starting URL for your user test.
This article will show you how to extract the sharing URL from a variety of prototyping tools, including:
- Flinto (Lite/ Mac)
- Adobe XD Plugin
InVision Cloud is fully supported by the UserTesting Mobile Recorder on iOS and Android. The Mobile Recorder automatically:
- Displays InVision prototypes in full-screen mode (hiding the status bar)
- Dismiss the "Preview in Browser" and “Add to Home Screen” prompt
To test your prototype, order a prototype test from UserTesting, using the share link for the prototype as the URL to start the test:
- Click “Share” on your completed InVision prototype
- Copy the share link
If you’d like to share a specific screen in your prototype, use the following instructions to retrieve the URL:
- Click on the screen you want to share in your InVision prototype
- Click “Share” in the lower right-hand corner and copy the share link
Marvel is fully supported by the UserTesting Mobile Recorder on iOS and Android. The Mobile Recorder automatically enters Marvel prototypes into full-screen mode (hiding the status bar).
To run your test, order a prototype test from UserTesting, and paste the prototype link as the URL to start the test.
(Note: We’ve seen cases in which very complex prototypes overwhelm the mobile browser.)
The Mobile Recorder automatically enters Flinto prototypes into full-screen mode (hiding the status bar).
To run your test, order a prototype test from UserTesting, and paste your prototype’s quick link as the URL to start the test.
Flinto for Mac
Flinto for Mac mobile prototypes is only accessible on iOS devices. Testing a Flinto for Mac prototype requires extensive set-up by the testers and is not recommended for self-service testing—contact your Customer Success Manager for information on working with the Professional Services team to set up your test.
Axure is fully supported by the UserTesting Mobile Recorder on iOS and Android, and prototypes will be automatically entered into fullscreen mode.
Note that Axure doesn’t scale correctly on larger phones (on Safari, and on the Mobile Recorder).
To run a test, follow the instructions here to host your prototype online. The instructions also tell you how to find the URL for your prototype. Copy that URL. Then, create a prototype test in UserTesting and paste the URL as the starting URL in the Starting Instructions.
Justinmind is supported by the UserTesting Mobile Recorder on Android and iOS.
Note that Justinmind prototypes do not scale correctly on larger phones (on Safari, and on the Mobile Recorder).
Use the following instructions to set up your test:
- Open the Share menu in Justinmind Prototyper and select Share. This will open a web page listing your prototypes.
- Scroll to the prototype you want to test, and click on “Actions: Integrate with usability testing tools.”
- Select UserTesting, and copy the prototype public link URL.
- Click Save, and you’ll be taken directly to the UserTesting test ordering page.
- Select Prototype test, and paste the prototype public link as the starting URL in the starting instructions.
Proto.io requires the tester to download an app before testing. This complicated flow can be difficult for testers. To reduce friction, we suggest launching an app test and using the app store url for the Proto.io app.
To find the URL of your Proto.io prototype:
- Go to Share (either in the Editor or in the Dashboard under Project->Manage Share links)
- Create a new Share link (shared with everyone, not password protected)
- Go to the ‘User Testing’ tab and copy the generated link to use in the first UserTesting task
Figma is fully fully supported within the UserTesting Mobile iOS and Android recorders.
Learn more about the UserTesting + Adobe XD plugin.
Additional Resource: Prototype Testing Resource Sheet