At a Glance
If you are new to UserTesting, we've consolidated a list of key resources to help you become familiar with the platform. Even if you have used the platform before, review the information below to ensure you are getting most value out of your UserTesting tests.
Use this list of resources to help you get started with, and get the most out of, UserTesting!
- Test planning
- Test contributors
- Launching a study
- Analyzing results
- Conducting research throughout the development cycle
- General resources
What do you want your test to do? What questions can you ask to get the most accurate results?
- The complete guide to UserTesting websites, apps, and prototypes - Defining objectives, setting up tasks, what questions to ask.
- Creating research objectives
- Study planning worksheet
- Writing effective questions
- Writing great tasks
- Research Methodologies - These guidelines will help you understand which methodologies to use at each stage of your process.
- Use these Templates to test quickly and efficiently
- Platform Best practices
- Conducting a dry run study
Who do you want to take your test? Are you planning on using your own contributors or the UserTesting panel?
The UserTesting Panel gives you access to a diverse and global on-demand group of study contributors. Our panel is made up of real people, carefully selected after a thorough application process, who are continually rated by our customers, assuring the highest quality results.
Screener questions - Use screener questions to access your target demographic.
My Recruit gives UserTesting customers the ability to create and launch a study with anyone, anytime, on-demand. The feature is completely self-service, helping customers tap into insights from employees, existing customers, industry experts, and people within unique demographics faster and easier than ever before.
- What is My Recruit?
- My Recruit FAQs
- My Recruit the test participant’s experience
- My Recruit Success Kit
- Participant Support
My Panel is an easy way to capture feedback from your customers, partners, employees, and more, all through the UserTesting platform. Invite anyone to join your panels through a custom, co-branded experience—your test contributors are quickly onboarded, and ready to test in no time. UserTesting takes care of test distribution or scheduling Live Conversations, and handles notifications, incentive payments, and more.
- How to launch a desktop study - Short guide to creating and ordering a Desktop Test.
- How to launch a mobile website study - A guide to creating and launching a test on your website on mobile devices.
- How to launch an app study
- How to launch a prototype study
How do you continue to make effective tests? How do you best maximize the effectiveness of your tests?
- UserTesting University - On-demand, interactive lessons to help you put the customer at the center of everything you do.
- UserTesting Knowledgebase - Your one-stop shop for any and all support inquiries online.
- CommUnity - Brainstorm with other UserTesting customers.
- Product Updates - A list of the current product updates and releases.
- UserTesting Blog - Keep up to date with UX industry news, tips, and articles.
- Webinars - Hear from top experts in the fields of conversion optimization, UX research, design, and more.
Learn more about our world-class Support Team here or contact your Customer Success Manager for help.