At a Glance
If you are new to UserTesting, we've consolidated a list of key resources to help you become familiar with the Platform. Even if you have used the Platform before, review the information below to ensure you are getting the most value out of your UserTesting tests.
Use this list of resources to help you get started with, and get the most out of, UserTesting!
- General Resources
- Test planning
- Test contributors
- Launching a study
- Analyzing results
- Conducting research throughout the development cycle
- UserTesting University - Access live training courses, on-demand courses, and Knowledgebase articles to learn how you can gain valuable insights from your customers using the UserTesting Platform.
- UserTesting Knowledgebase - Your one-stop-shop for any and all support inquiries online.
- CommUnity - Brainstorm with other UserTesting customers.
- Product Updates - A list of the current product updates and releases.
- UserTesting Blog - Keep up to date with UX industry news, tips, and articles.
- Webinars - Hear from top experts in the fields of conversion optimization, UX research, design, and more.
What do you want your test to do? What questions can you ask to get the most accurate results?
- The complete guide to UserTesting websites, apps, and prototypes - Defining objectives, setting up tasks, what questions to ask.
- Creating research objectives
- Study planning worksheet
- Writing effective questions
- Writing great tasks
- Research Methodologies - These guidelines will help you understand which methodologies to use at each stage of your process.
- Platform Best Practices
- Use these Templates to test quickly and efficiently
- Conducting a dry run study
Who do you want to take your test? Are you planning on using your own contributors or the UserTesting Contributor Network?
UserTesting Contributor Network
The UserTesting Contributor Network gives you access to a diverse and global on-demand group of study contributors. Our network is made up of real people, carefully selected after a thorough application process, who are continually rated by our customers, assuring the highest quality results.
Screener questions - Use screener questions to access your target demographic.
Invite Network gives UserTesting customers the ability to create and launch a study with anyone, anytime, on-demand. The feature is completely self-service, helping customers tap into insights from employees, existing customers, industry experts, and people within unique demographics faster and easier than ever before.
- What is Invite Network?
- Invite Network FAQs
- Invite Network: The Contributor's Experience
- Invite Network Success Kit
- Contributor Support
Custom Network is an easy way to capture feedback from your customers, partners, employees, and more, all through the UserTesting Platform. Invite anyone to join your network through a custom, co-branded experience—your test contributors are quickly onboarded, and ready to test in no time. UserTesting takes care of test distribution or scheduling Live Conversations, and handles notifications, incentive payments, and more.
- Custom Network Overview
- Custom Network: Create Your Network
- Live Training: Using Custom Network
- Contributor Support
- How to launch a desktop study - Short guide to creating and ordering a Desktop Test.
- How to launch a mobile website study - A guide to creating and launching a test on your website on mobile devices.
- How to launch an app study
- How to launch a prototype study
How do you continue to make effective tests? How do you best maximize the effectiveness of your tests?
Learn more about our world-class Support Team here or contact your Customer Success Manager.
Ready to get started?
Take our Jumpstart Series courses. The Jumpstart Series consists of instructor-led and on-demand training courses and resources for individuals to get started using the UserTesting Platform. These courses will help develop best practices and build skills with confidence
Need more information? Read these related articles.
Want to learn more about this topic? Check out our University courses.
Please provide any feedback you have on this article. Your feedback will be used to improve the article, and when you submit your survey, you'll be entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card. This survey should take five minutes to complete. Article evaluations will remain completely confidential.